Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's November

[ Edited ]

I didn't come home with that much, but plan to go back next week.

- The turkey & stuffing chips

- The cranberry-orange relish for the chips

- From the bakery section, chocolate mousse mini pumpkins (small choc cake-lets)

- Frozen mini-churros

- Holistic natural cat treats with vitamins (a frequent purchase)

- Dark chocolate covered marshmallows (bought before)

- Butter almond thins cookies (frequent purchase) 

- Red Tail Amber Ale, which I have had several times at a local restaurant and love)

- Fresh cranberries for making sauce on Thanksgiving

I am undecided re the Prosecco (it's a huge oversized bottle) or a sparkling wine in smaller size. And for those who note it's nearly all sweets - I am not cooking meals, others do that in our household. This is just a goodies stock-up which will last awhile. They had the kringles, too.

ETA - forgot one of the best things! TJ's has their own canned cold brew coffee drinks, black or vanilla. Less expensive than most others and only 10 carbs per can! It's yummy!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

I will look for the coffee drinks. 

Thank you

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

Did you try the turkey/stuffing chips?  I wonder if you liked them.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde

Did you try the turkey/stuffing chips?  I wonder if you liked them.

I haven't tried them yet - maybe tomorrow.  I had a sweet tooth today ;-(

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Moonchilde

I will look for the coffee drinks. 

Thank you

@butterfly123 they were either on the New Products shelves or on the Coffee/Tea shelves - I think the latter.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I see they're going to have pre-brined turkeys this year.  I'm thinking of getting one to try, has anyone ever done that?

I'm wondering if they brown well or if it changes the flavor.

@Noel7

I have never purchased one pre-brined but I have brined them myself - they brown just the same and the meat has more flavor then regular turkey but it does not change the flavor.  

Super Contributor

Thanks to everyone who posted. No Trader Joe's near me but will be traveling for the holidays and definitely will get to one. Great suggestions. Loved reading all the posts. 

Respected Contributor

I enjoy an occasional trip to TJ's, but it's a bit more of a pain to go to the one where I currently live than it was to pop into the one where I lived previously (it was a bigger store with lots of parking, and it was near several of my other shopping/errand stops). We have a certain list of things that we always buy at TJ's, and it's fun to check out the seasonal items. They have a very nice floral section as well. Just don't fall into the trap of thinking that all of the food there is healthful! Smiley Happy (Also, I have purchased an occasional "clunker" -- I tried their brand of raisin bran once, and it was AWFUL! On the bright side, you can return anything with which you aren't satisfied.)

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 I tried the turkey & dressing chips today, with the cranberry-orange relish. I like that the chip seasoning is subtle - not too much, not too salty. To me it's basically a hint of stuffing seasoning. 

While I would still like them "nekkid", I will be enjoying them with the relish as it's the perfect accent to me. Goes great together.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 I tried the turkey & dressing chips today, with the cranberry-orange relish. I like that the chip seasoning is subtle - not too much, not too salty. To me it's basically a hint of stuffing seasoning. 

While I would still like them "nekkid", I will be enjoying them with the relish as it's the perfect accent to me. Goes great together.

Good description @Moonchilde  Yes, it is like stuffing seasoning.

I never would have thought about dipping one in cran-orange relish, I'll have to get some of that.  I like cran and orange mix, I put some orange zest in my cran sauce and Gran Marnier or Cointreau.