Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@momtochloe

I do love the orange Mandarin chicken!  I get it as a treat. 

I also like their frozen teriyaki chicken.  It's good, healthy and whoever makes it uses good cuts of chicken.  I love keeping that on hand for nights I don't want to cook.

Oh goodness @Noel7 I love that entree too!  Thanks for the reminder as it would be nice to have in the freezer . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde

Absolutely true.  "What? No more...?"  Woman Surprised

The dark chocolate orange jelly are my favorite.

@Noel7 I really would have thought they'd have brought them back by now. I've always assumed they were a popular item because they've had them a long time. Surely they can find another factory for those ;-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

They're not huge @cherry  I've been to many TJ's and they're all about the same size.

You just have to take your time and go down all the aisles, one side at a time, to give yourself an idea of what they carry.

Another trick is to pick up a paper copy or go online for a copy of their latest "Fearless Flyer" which is a list of their featured products or seasonal specials.  It changes every so often, the Christmas special should be out soon.

Google: Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer.

Thaks I'll give it another try, but it is so crowded. it's quite hard to park. and to shop

@cherry if your schedule allows, I find getting there when they first open is the best time to shop.  Not as many customers and you can take a bit of time to look through the aisles.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Our TJ isn't very big at all. It sounds to me like ,some of you, have a far larger store to shop at, than I do

The stores I have access to now are medium-sized and only 2-3. Before I moved there were 5-6 stores of all sizes within 15 min. of me.  Honestly, with the larger stores it isn't that they have a lot of items smaller stores don't, but more the aisles are wider and the parking lots bigger ;-)  But what is carried does vary from state to state, region to region.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

They're not huge @cherry  I've been to many TJ's and they're all about the same size.

You just have to take your time and go down all the aisles, one side at a time, to give yourself an idea of what they carry.

Another trick is to pick up a paper copy or go online for a copy of their latest "Fearless Flyer" which is a list of their featured products or seasonal specials.  It changes every so often, the Christmas special should be out soon.

Google: Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer.

Thaks I'll give it another try, but it is so crowded. it's quite hard to park. and to shop

@cherry

That's true.  I go early in the morning as often as I can.  DH was set on getting an almond kringle for the family for a celebration we had recently, and he was there when the store opened, which I think is around eight in the morning.

It's so worth it, especially at Christmas.  I'll try to remember to let you know when the Christmas Flyer is out.  What I do is go over each item and circle those I want to get.

If you go over it online, you will see a list of categories on the far left side, such as BAKERY, PRODUCE, ETC.

You have to click on each one, just go down the line, to see what interests you.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@momtochloe

I know the fries that you speak of and my husband loved them. 

He was crushed when they replaced the horseradish chips with another flavor!!!!

@butterfly123 if they offer these in your area they are a great substitute!

Craft Beer Battered Potatoes Thin Cut

@momtochloe

I will look for this brand. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@cherry, if you go to traderjoesdotcom/fearless-flyer you will always see the current one. That main flyer page also gives you a link to subscribe in the lower left corner. You'll get an email whenever there's a new one up. As noel7 says  just click on the categories on the left-hand side and see new prods, seasonal prods and featured prods. You can also get a print copy at the store to walk around with that has more info in it.

Honored Contributor

I see they're going to have pre-brined turkeys this year.  I'm thinking of getting one to try, has anyone ever done that?

I'm wondering if they brown well or if it changes the flavor.

Honored Contributor

I was spoiled with so many TJ's when I lived in LA. Has thought I'd go today, but it was after 1 pm by the time I was ready and it's a 40 min drive each way. Tomorrow, then.

I worked 47 years in order to enjoy being lazy.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I see they're going to have pre-brined turkeys this year.  I'm thinking of getting one to try, has anyone ever done that?

I'm wondering if they brown well or if it changes the flavor.

I haven't tried the turkeys. Hopefully someone will see your post and answer your question.