Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@momtochloe @Noel7 @Moonchilde

When items you like aren't offered at your store, ask the manager if they are able to order whatever you want ( unless it's seasonal). 

I have had them do this for me before. 

You may have to wait a few extra days though.

Never hurts to ask. 

@butterfly123 I couldn't agree with you more as this is the most accomodating store in my area in terms of questions or requests.  There was a time that it was an absolute feeding frenzy over their Orange Mandarin Chicken and you would have to call ahead to make sure a bag would be waiting for you when you went to the store . . . tee hee!

I think with my fries they stopped making them for a while and reconfigured them to be healthier (as they are made to be soaked with a dressing) so the naked fries by themselves are rather bland.  But no worries, I found a substitute for their previous offering so I am good to go!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Our whole foods is a lot bigger than TJ, but it too has a small parking lot. As these are very popular store,s I am amazed they didn't take this into consideration when they located here

@cherry  Besides the size of the stores/parking lots, what is the difference inside the stores? Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

Trader Joe's also carries desserts, wines, nuts, dried fruit, different mixes of nuts and dried fruits, meats, seafood, wonderful and different offerings in their freezer case and the list goes on. 

You will find different and unique items also. 

Susan, usually located at the front of the store, TJ's has different product sheets for those of us with dietary restrictions. Such as gluten free, low sodium etc.

The staff at the stores have always been helpful also.

@butterfly123  Thank you! Wonderful info...

I will have to swing by next week and check it out! 

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

I know the fries that you speak of and my husband loved them. 

He was crushed when they replaced the horseradish chips with another flavor!!!!

Honored Contributor

Our TJ isn't very big at all. It sounds to me like ,some of you, have a far larger store to shop at, than I do

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

I do love the orange Mandarin chicken!  I get it as a treat. 

I also like their frozen teriyaki chicken.  It's good, healthy and whoever makes it uses good cuts of chicken.  I love keeping that on hand for nights I don't want to cook.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@momtochloe @Noel7 @Moonchilde

When items you like aren't offered at your store, ask the manager if they are able to order whatever you want ( unless it's seasonal). 

I have had them do this for me before. 

You may have to wait a few extra days though.

Never hurts to ask. 

@butterfly123, I have found that you need to ask a sales associate if they are just "out of" something, or whether they've stopped carrying it. After two trips without finding something I'm after, they will usually volunteer that they won't have whatever it is any more, if it's not on their re-stock lists, "don't know" if it will be back, etc. Those are tip-offs for me. I pretty much know which items are seasonal.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

They're not huge @cherry  I've been to many TJ's and they're all about the same size.

You just have to take your time and go down all the aisles, one side at a time, to give yourself an idea of what they carry.

Another trick is to pick up a paper copy or go online for a copy of their latest "Fearless Flyer" which is a list of their featured products or seasonal specials.  It changes every so often, the Christmas special should be out soon.

Google: Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@momtochloe

I know the fries that you speak of and my husband loved them. 

He was crushed when they replaced the horseradish chips with another flavor!!!!

@butterfly123 if they offer these in your area they are a great substitute!

Craft Beer Battered Potatoes Thin Cut

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I agree @Moonchilde

And what I love is that TJ's keeps coming up with new ideas, new products to try.

And the downside to that, @Noel7 - when they stop selling something you love because they don't sell *enough* of it, so they stop carrying it. Waaah!

After the "fruit scare" months ago they still have not resumed selling the dark chocolate orange and raspberry sticks. I miss them! One Xmas they had them with pineapple - yum! But only that once :-(

@Moonchilde

@Noel7

I love TJ and do a lot of shopping there and was crushed when they discontinued their Rosemary Garlic Fries as they were the best fries I ever had.  They were so good in fact that I used to eat them without the sauce and used the packet in pasta or on chicken.  I was thrilled a bit ago when I saw them back in the case and grabbed a bag but they are not the same fries they had originally . . . bummer . . . Smiley Sad

@momtochloe, I know that sometimes, the issue is with their supplier. There could have been some sort of issue with the manufacturer - ability to supply enough, cleanliness issues, etc. and so their source goes away. If it's not a huge selling item they let it go. If it's something popular like the fries they'll try to get another supplier.

Many, many years ago they made a year-round bread pudding I loved. I bought it very regularly. It disappeared and I was heartbroken, lol. The mfg had production issues, I forget what kind.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

They're not huge @cherry  I've been to many TJ's and they're all about the same size.

You just have to take your time and go down all the aisles, one side at a time, to give yourself an idea of what they carry.

Another trick is to pick up a paper copy or go online for a copy of their latest "Fearless Flyer" which is a list of their featured products or seasonal specials.  It changes every so often, the Christmas special should be out soon.

Google: Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer.

Thaks I'll give it another try, but it is so crowded. it's quite hard to park. and to shop