Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Our whole foods is a lot bigger than TJ, but it too has a small parking lot. As these are very popular store,s I am amazed they didn't take this into consideration when they located here

@cherry  Besides the size of the stores/parking lots, what is the difference inside the stores? Smiley Happy

I'm not the best person to answer that because I have only gone to each of them a couple of times. Whole foods sells suppliments ,and toiletries, and TJ doesnt. But it could vary in other stores

TJ's sells many supplements. They don't have drugstore-sized shelves full, but they sell vitamins and popular supplements. They also sell a small selection of natural toiletries, some of which I've been buying for years.

WF is "all about organic." Most of the shoppers who frequent WF do so because they believe that organic, "all-natural" food is the way to go. There is a bit of a premium to be paid for that, however.

TJ's also has organic food products, but on a smaller scale. The concept of TJ's is new and unique products, vegetarian/vegan versions of popular foods, lower prices on their own brands (which are usually made by quality mainstream companies), and an eclectic mix of products. They carry a fair amount of ethnic foods requested by customers.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's November

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

What's on your list for November? 

I see they have pecan pie filling in a jar. Sweet potato pie with bourbon maple flavor. Carrot soufflé. Cranberry orange relish.

Any favorites you have found?

@butterfly123 

The cranberry orange relish is yummy. I need to do a TJ run, so I'll be adding the sweet potato pie to my list. Thanks for starting this thread!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Our whole foods is a lot bigger than TJ, but it too has a small parking lot. As these are very popular store,s I am amazed they didn't take this into consideration when they located here

@cherry  Besides the size of the stores/parking lots, what is the difference inside the stores? Smiley Happy

I'm not the best person to answer that because I have only gone to each of them a couple of times. Whole foods sells suppliments ,and toiletries, and TJ doesnt. But it could vary in other stores

TJ's sells many supplements. They don't have drugstore-sized shelves full, but they sell vitamins and popular supplements. They also sell a small selection of natural toiletries, some of which I've been buying for years.

WF is "all about organic." Most of the shoppers who frequent WF do so because they believe that organic, "all-natural" food is the way to go. There is a bit of a premium to be paid for that, however.

TJ's also has organic food products, but on a smaller scale. The concept of TJ's is new and unique products, vegetarian/vegan versions of popular foods, lower prices on their own brands (which are usually made by quality mainstream companies), and an eclectic mix of products. They carry a fair amount of ethnic foods requested by customers.

@Moonchilde  TY for a very helpful post Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @Susan Louise :-)

Each place has their fans. I have shopped extensively at both. My preference is for TJ's, for the type of shopping I personally enjoy and items I like to buy, but to each their own.

TJ's is good for a variety of singles and couples meal shopping options and, for lack of a better word, more fun and different offerings. They have many seasonal offerings they don't have year-round.

WF is sized and stocked more like a regular grocery as far as what's on the shelves, with everything in the store labeled healthy/organic - with prices to match. That isn't really that important to me personally, so it's not a go-to place for me considering the overall price of produce, meat, staples and prepared foods at WF. To others, it's worth it.

Honored Contributor

I agree @Moonchilde

And what I love is that TJ's keeps coming up with new ideas, new products to try.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I agree @Moonchilde

And what I love is that TJ's keeps coming up with new ideas, new products to try.

And the downside to that, @Noel7 - when they stop selling something you love because they don't sell *enough* of it, so they stop carrying it. Waaah!

After the "fruit scare" months ago they still have not resumed selling the dark chocolate orange and raspberry sticks. I miss them! One Xmas they had them with pineapple - yum! But only that once :-(

Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's November

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde

Absolutely true.  "What? No more...?"  Woman Surprised

The dark chocolate orange jelly are my favorite.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I agree @Moonchilde

And the downside to that, @Noel7 - when they stop selling something you love because they don't sell *enough* of it, so they stop carrying it. Waaah!

After the "fruit scare" months ago they still have not resumed selling the dark chocolate orange and raspberry sticks. I miss them! One Xmas they had them with pineapple - yum! But only that once :-(

@Moonchilde

@Noel7

I love TJ and do a lot of shopping there and was crushed when they discontinued their Rosemary Garlic Fries as they were the best fries I ever had.  They were so good in fact that I used to eat them without the sauce and used the packet in pasta or on chicken.  I was thrilled a bit ago when I saw them back in the case and grabbed a bag but they are not the same fries they had originally . . . bummer . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@Susan Louise

Trader Joe's also carries desserts, wines, nuts, dried fruit, different mixes of nuts and dried fruits, meats, seafood, wonderful and different offerings in their freezer case and the list goes on. 

You will find different and unique items also. 

Susan, usually located at the front of the store, TJ's has different product sheets for those of us with dietary restrictions. Such as gluten free, low sodium etc.

The staff at the stores have always been helpful also.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe @Noel7 @Moonchilde

When items you like aren't offered at your store, ask the manager if they are able to order whatever you want ( unless it's seasonal). 

I have had them do this for me before. 

You may have to wait a few extra days though.

Never hurts to ask.