Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's Everything Pumpkin is Here

@Jordan2 wrote:

@shoesnbags every person I speak to about Trader Joe's complains about the parking! Do they purposely lease stores where the parking is horrendous?

@Jordan2 

This was an empty piece of land that they built the Trader Joe's on from scratch!  So they must like a small parking lot for some reason.  I should add that there would have been more parking, but a few other stores were also built on that land.  So less parking as a result.

The good news is that I just came home with four boxes of TJ's Pumpkin Spice k-cups after waiting about 30 minutes in line to get in. There was an employee handing out bottled water so none of us passed out from the heat & humidity, ha ha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@shoesnbags every person I speak to about Trader Joe's complains about the parking! Do they purposely lease stores where the parking is horrendous?

@Jordan2 

This was an empty piece of land that they built the Trader Joe's on from scratch!  So they must like a small parking lot for some reason.  I should add that there would have been more parking, but a few other stores were also built on that land.  So less parking as a result.

The good news is that I just came home with four boxes of TJ's Pumpkin Spice k-cups after waiting about 30 minutes in line to get in. There was an employee handing out bottled water so none of us passed out from the heat & humidity, ha ha.

@shoesnbags can I ask you what time of day you went? My Trader Joe's opens at 8:00,  I get there about 15 minutes before they open.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 

@shoesnbags can I ask you what time of day you went? My Trader Joe's opens at 8:00,  I get there about 15 minutes before they open.

@Jordan2 It was about 3:15 pm.  I don't have much control of my time because I care for a bedridden family member every day.  So I have to fit in shopping whenever I can.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just got back from Trader Joe’s and tried their apple cider cookies, pretty good. I go on Saturday nights every two or three weeks when it’s not busy, so I’m fortunate to have that option.

Respected Contributor

I tried checking out all the pumpkin treats on Friday.  There is a Trader Joe's right by the school where I work and I had to go into the builiding on Friday.  However, there was such a long line of people waiting to go into the store I couldn't wait and did not get to check out their selection Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

So I finally went to Trader Joe's after not going since before the pandemic. There are new rules, I had to learn a new way of shopping. I got there at 7:35am, they open at 8:00, I was tenth on line. You are given a cart as you walk in. You need to keep your distance from the checker, and exit the store differently. I got what I wanted, but it will be a long time before I go back, shopping there isn't worth it to me.

Contributor

I think Trader Joe's is doing a fantastic job during this "new normal". IMHO they are going above and beyond to keep their customers and employees as safe as they

possibly can because as we know, nothing is foolproof.

I go in the evenings and when they had shorter hours I would have to wait in line for about 10 minutes. Now that they've extended their hours, I usually walk right in at 8:15. The limit at that time was 45 people in the store. Yes, the checkout procedures are different, but what isn't right now.

That being said, I just do not like pumpkin flavored anything. Guess I'll be saving a lot of calories. The title of this thread makes me wonder, Trader Joe's should come up with an Everything Pumpkin seasoning. Enjoy your pumpkin treats!!!

Honored Contributor

There is nothing different at our TJs except the carts have been sanitized for us and there are plexiglass barriers at the cashiers as well as the 6 ft apart marks where to stand in line. There was no line to get in each time I've gone, in the middle of the day during the week.
Super Contributor

We love the pumpkin bread mix! I haven't been to TJ's since pre-pandemic, though. I need to go back because one of my kids loves their tortellini and keeps asking for it. 

My TJ's has a very tight parking garage. I hate that! I try to go during off times, but now that I'm back in the classroom M-F, it's tough to find time. 

Honored Contributor

@take a hike wrote:

I think Trader Joe's is doing a fantastic job during this "new normal". IMHO they are going above and beyond to keep their customers and employees as safe as they

possibly can because as we know, nothing is foolproof.

I go in the evenings and when they had shorter hours I would have to wait in line for about 10 minutes. Now that they've extended their hours, I usually walk right in at 8:15. The limit at that time was 45 people in the store. Yes, the checkout procedures are different, but what isn't right now.

That being said, I just do not like pumpkin flavored anything. Guess I'll be saving a lot of calories. The title of this thread makes me wonder, Trader Joe's should come up with an Everything Pumpkin seasoning. Enjoy your pumpkin treats!!!

@take a hike   Like the Everything Bagel Seasoning?  Good idea.

I know TJ's has  the pumpkin pie seasoning but that is powdery like most spices.  Good for roasting veggies and seeds, though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh