Trusted Contributor

They are so beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracy and friends

[ Edited ]

Thanks again for the WONDERFUL photos.....and thank you for taking care of the deer and special care of Tracy! Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@MamaWick      Which leg is bad on Tracy?  Is it the left front one?  It looks skinnier in the first pic (the lower portion of the leg), but then the knee on the front right side looks larger than the other one.    I wonder if she would be able to survive a pregnancy...  I worry about that little girl...  

@KatieB  We have many deer in my area. For a few years we had a female with a front bad leg. It was held up from the knee towards her back end so all she had to walk and run were three legs. I saw her carry a pregnancy maybe three times. This was awhile ago so I presume she is gone although I don't know how long deer live. She had a hard time when there was snow on the ground.

@proudlyfromNJ    Thanks for the info..  I hope Tracy will be okay if/when she gets pregnant..  

Honored Contributor
The one thing that stands out to me in many of these pictures is how thin these deer are!

I'm in WV and see deer every day too, and ours are not showing their rib cages. WV has been nice and wet thru the spring and summer, so green grass is plentiful here. Berries and apples were plentiful, and our hay was thick and lush, so food thus far has been plentiful for the deer in this area.

Several of those bucks have impressive racks, and its good they cannot be hunted in that area, as there's no question they would be killed for the rack alone. But by WV hunting standards where hunters also look at how much meat is on that hoof, the deer are thin, and that kill would not be worth it in terms of meat for the table.
Honored Contributor

Looks like  she is wearing that cactus as a facinator, lol!  Looks like you are going to have knit little antler warmers soon