Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe. Nope.  All fawns around here are born between around mid-May to around the end of June.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

You are an amazing woman, not only are you caring for these beautiful creatures, you are even naming them.  How many do you now have coming for your love?  I would give anything to be able to be there to see them in person.  Does it snow where you live?  What will happen to them if and when it does snow?  You are a perfect example of kindness, caring and love, God Bless you for being who you are MamaWick.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  we have about 20-22 that visit regularly.  I live in south central Texas, so snow is rare.  I only name the ones I can recognize by antlers or markings.  Mama has white in the center of her nose and a star-shaped scar.  Buckley has the biggest rack.  Fred (one of the fawns) has black scars on his head.  Tracy limps.  Once Buckley loses his antlers, I'm afraid I won't recognize him...except he does walk right up to me...so there's that.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Do i see cactus?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor
Yes you do...Texas

Honored Contributor

So sweet and cute. Love all of the Deer Pics you share. Woman Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Re: Tracy and friends

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick   Again such beautiful pictures of your deer.    They must be so happy that you moved there and became their godmother.   

Tracy looks like she's wearing a fascinator, with that cactus above her head, and ready to visit the Queen of England.   Oh wait, she's visiting a much more important queen, MamaWick!  

Woofs to Cricket!  Sending some gentle belly rubs her way. 

Quick question:   How do visitors to your home react to the deer?   

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@luvzchiz  it's 2020...we have no visitors...lol.  Actually, son has been here a couple of times.  He doesn't really like that I feed them, but doesn't mind seeing them.  A few neighbors have been here (social distancing, of course) but they see them, too, all the time.

Honored Contributor

Texas, must get very hot there,the deer are very lucky to have you.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@MamaWick      Which leg is bad on Tracy?  Is it the left front one?  It looks skinnier in the first pic (the lower portion of the leg), but then the knee on the front right side looks larger than the other one.    I wonder if she would be able to survive a pregnancy...  I worry about that little girl...  

@KatieB  We have many deer in my area. For a few years we had a female with a front bad leg. It was held up from the knee towards her back end so all she had to walk and run were three legs. I saw her carry a pregnancy maybe three times. This was awhile ago so I presume she is gone although I don't know how long deer live. She had a hard time when there was snow on the ground.