Honored Contributor

Re: Toys R Us Geoffrey Finds a New Home

They could have donated Geoffrey and written it off...to their advantage. I just thought it was tacky to require a nonprofit children's hospital to pay for something they easily could have given as a donation.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
They could have donated Geoffrey and written it off...to their advantage. I just thought it was tacky to require a nonprofit children's hospital to pay for something they easily could have given as a donation.

@lovesrecess  You keep pushing incorrect information on what is a very nice story.

The hospital didn't buy the statue; the liquidation advisor, Joseph Malifitano, paid the $10,000 to ship Geoffrey to the hospital because he thought the hospital would make a terrific new home, instead of having the statue destroyed.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the information...and don't ever accuse me of pushing incorrect information again....how nasty of you. At night time when this was covered on tv news was any liquidation person mentioned or any donation....only that Geoffrey had been purchased for $10k. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess  You did push incorrect information-twice.

We got it the first time.

Have a great evening!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh