Honored Contributor

Re: Toys For Horses - Yes, Horses

In addition to the "stall balls", we'd hang empty gallon water jugs from the stall door for many of the horses.

They'dCat LOL bat those things around and destroy them in very short order.

Valued Contributor

Animals love to play.  We just have to give them toys to enrich their lives.  I think it's wonderful for you to donate a toy to the horses.

Honored Contributor

They're just babies.  They have no idea of their size.  I miss riding my big strawberry rohan.

He was SO big and I was only 10 but I rode all over the Blue Ridge Parkway and was never thrown.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Our horses didn't need toys.  They productively spent their days (the ones where we were away) tearing up anything in sight that they could get to!  LOL!!!  

If they couldn't get to it they would break in.  Then when you came home they would be standing far away from whatever they'd torn up trying to look SOOOO innocent.

They once turned a big grain auger (big pipe thing on two wheels) around and launched it downhill into a giant grain bin.  That one we never figured out.  They were standing around it like look what WE did!!!!  

They drove my dad nuts sometimes.  Much to my amusement!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

I know you cannot post links, but I would love to get some of these for two horses that live on my husband's family farm.

A woman that has her home on the property has a couple of older horses and they might enjoy these.

In the meantime, I'll search a bit on my own!

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  No, you can post some links as long as they aren't links to things QVC sells (i.e. stores, etc).

But know there are other places I came upon when I was looking for this website.

This website sells things especially for horses, etc.  It's more of a speciality store for animals.

The name of this company is Equi-Spirit.  Just google something like Balls for horses...

OMG!  But be careful what you click on.  You can usually tell by what comes up in google as to what some people's definition of "Big Balls" are.  Ha!

I got a kick out of just reading the website titles.  Take care.  They average around $150 for the big balls.  The good thing about these is that they will withstand a horse kicking and trying to sit on the things.  It's so much fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

Can you believe the girl who used to give me massages had a horse that was allergic to hay.  Yepper, hay!

She said she had to special order it for this horse.  Her card with her name, etc actually has a picture on it of one of her horses.

I wish you could see my friend's facebook pictures.  She had a rooster who was best friends with the horses.  

So many funny pictures and laughs with the animals on her farm.

She's also had horses that didn't make it.  However, most of the time, with love and patience, she and her sister have been able to help many horses to live a wonderful life on each of their farms. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Can you believe the girl who used to give me massages had a horse that was allergic to hay.  Yepper, hay!

She said she had to special order it for this horse.  Her card with her name, etc actually has a picture on it of one of her horses.

I wish you could see my friend's facebook pictures.  She had a rooster who was best friends with the horses.  

So many funny pictures and laughs with the animals on her farm.

She's also had horses that didn't make it.  However, most of the time, with love and patience, she and her sister have been able to help many horses to live a wonderful life on each of their farms. 

@Annabellethecat66 Yes! My big black mare had hay feaver.  She would start to have this little dry hacking cough (never heard another horse do that) and we would call the vet and he would come give her allergy shots.

My dad grew alfalfa hay for our cattle and horses and his was always in high demand.  He was so picky about everything on the farm and the way the animals were fed and cared for.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Witchy Woman  No, you can post some links as long as they aren't links to things QVC sells (i.e. stores, etc).

But know there are other places I came upon when I was looking for this website.

This website sells things especially for horses, etc.  It's more of a speciality store for animals.

The name of this company is Equi-Spirit.  Just google something like Balls for horses...

OMG!  But be careful what you click on.  You can usually tell by what comes up in google as to what some people's definition of "Big Balls" are.  Ha!

I got a kick out of just reading the website titles.  Take care.  They average around $150 for the big balls.  The good thing about these is that they will withstand a horse kicking and trying to sit on the things.  It's so much fun to watch.

@Annabellethecat66@Witchy Woman 

It's a common misconception that we can post links as long as they aren't links to buy products QVC sells, so I understand why you thought so.❤️  

However, hyperlinks (links that are "clickable") to any retail sites that sell any merchandise are prohibited, and they're removed by the moderators when they see them.   

I usually look for a shopping cart icon or a "shop" or "store" tab — if there is, I know I can’t post the hyperlink.😊

I've noticed, recently, they've also removed links to the blogs, recipe sites, review sites, etc., that actually monetize visits/clicks (and purchases made via links on their sites) as Amazon Affiliates.

Probably a good idea to look at a blog site's disclaimers and disclosures for the Amazon Affiliate info before chancing a hyperlink to them.

There have been several discussions about this...  for reference, here's a recent one with answers from one of the QVC Social Team:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Can-we-post-links-to-the-clothes-we-buy-from-other-websit...

I hope that’s helpful.    It can sometimes be confusing, for sure.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

I did find the site you mentioned.

After I thought about it, I decided it probably was not a good idea.  Mostly, I was concerned the horses might hurt themselves, then I'd feel responsible.

If they were mine, I'd have every toy on earth to keep them happy. Cat LOL