Respected Contributor

Re: Toyota Jan has a Baby Bump!

@Tinkrbl44wrote:

???    I've no idea who that is, or why any of us should even care.  Does anyone here know this woman?

Catherine Zeta Jones was pregnant while filing Traffic and there was mention of her pregnancy in the movie.

I knew who she was right away and I also noticed the baby bump right away too. Love her in the Toyota commercials. Hubby and I remember following her 1st pregnany in the Toyota commercials several years ago.

And you nor anyone else has to care if you’re not familiar with these commercials. But for those of us that see these ongoing commericials with her do like her and are just making small talk.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever seen Toyota Jan. 

I know there have been soap opera stars who are pregnant in real life and their pregnancy is written into their storyline. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't read entire thread so maybe someone has mentioned Katherine Erbe of Law and Order Criminal Intent.  The story line was she was acting as a surrogate for her sister. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Kerry Washington was pregnant on Scandal, but not in the storyline. They kept hiding it behind furniture, oversized coats, and giant Prada bags. At a certain point it became very funny.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@bootsannewrote:

I never knew she was the spokeswoman,. but did notice how nice she looked.  I just hope, and this is only my own opinion, that when she's 7-9 months along, they don't have her wrapped in spandex.

She’s not a spokeswoman.  She’s just the actress that plays the part of the receptionist.

Respected Contributor

@scatcatwrote:

Debra Messing “Grace” on Will and Grace

Huh?

Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@scatcatwrote:

Debra Messing “Grace” on Will and Grace

Huh?

“ Grace” was visibly pregnant on the show. Others were mentioning actresses on shows that were pregnant if you read the whole thread 

Honored Contributor

I know it's very common to write an actress' real-life pregnancy into a tv script, although other times they can't. (Think Everybody Loves Raymond, where they already had 3 kids, lol). They had to try to conceal Patricia Heaton's pregnancies.

But with commercials, l can't think of any other instances where the actress is pregnant in the commercial, unless it has something to do with selling baby items. I think Toyota's is a good idea, though. It makes the actress seem like she's an everyday person.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I don't watch commercials and have no idea who this person is. 

@ID2

I insist you watch this one, Heart  Thank you.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y2cYdYdSx8

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

She's great in that role, isn't she @sidsmom

This thread also answered a long-standing question I had as to how regional car commercials actually are.  Pretty much so, it seems.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.