Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toy maker sues Louie Vuitton

They were still too pricey for me @butterfly123, lol. But I think they were all vintage, the more I've thought about it.

It seems like if ladies could afford a lv, they wouldn't want a used one. Some of these were still over 1,000.00.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@happycat

I agree, the price would stop me from purchasing. I like functional bags. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

IMHO, someone should sue them for bad taste!  😶

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@butterfly123

Agree. I cannot believe how many retailers are selling this toy. 

@Drythe

Valued Contributor

Team LV. These bags are disgusting and mock the brand. They are going to crush this toy maker like a cockroach.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou

no worries.  I thought that too.  It is because the pooey poo bags are sort of designed like a louie vuitton.  The markings, etc.  but if you ask me, there has to be some humor in life.  This is funny, and i am sure kids love them.  Slime keeper bag?  Right there the kids love it.  I am sure no one could even find a strong resemblance between two. How long will the pooey poo bags last?  A couple years.?  Louie Vuitton has been around at least 150 years

Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@butterfly123

Agree. I cannot believe how many retailers are selling this toy. 

@Drythe

I can't either. I can't even post what I'm thinking, I don't think.

Valued Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@happycat wrote:

I'm still wowed, even if it is for luggage, @Shanus. I don't think there is a store in this state that sells luggage for that, although I have been wrong before.

@happycat  ITA...especially the way luggage is thrown around on planes and I don’t go that many places by car that would recognize or care if I had LV luggage or my LL Bean duffle.

By the time it’s all said & done, if someone’s toting around

a quarter million worth of luggage, greater than zero chance

you’re on a private jet...and not standing in line at Southwest. 

Silly me .. . . I fly Southwest all the time with my LV pieces. And oddly enough, so do a lot of people. 😱

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

BTW....it’s Louinot Louie

@shoekitty

Shoekitty said

well @sidsmom how do you know we aren't like best friends? Lol. I guess there is a "little" age gap, but it could happen. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the average woman on the street LV bag is About 1200-2000.  But...Louis Vuitton bags do sell for 60,000 and up.  It is not average...but they do.  I don't know who corrected me to say they didn't, only the luggage.  I was just putting in a ballpark 1,000- 60,000.  In 2017 they sold The City Streamer which was 55,500 a few bucks short of 60,000.  LV has had special bags like the Kusama (sp) Pumpkin Jewel minaudière at 133,500.  There was a City Streamer bag that sold for about 150,000.  I am naming them part from memory, so I may have got names mixed up.  I do know their luggage can run up to 250,000.  As a hand bag collector, mainly vintage I am in awe of those prices.  I am just not a LV fan.  But I appreciate their keeping their status all these years.  They do have service and impeccable crafting

i don't think anyone would put the luggage on a plane, does anyone else.  I would think the pricey  luggage would be bought by those who use private jets, custom buses.  I have seen LV luggage, rarely being hand carried on the plane.  Shoot if it  was mine, I would buy the carry on LV its own seat and handler!!

i imagine those who have tons of disposible cash, and an image to keep would buy the higher price luggage.  Or maybe a collector with resale in mind?