Super Contributor

Re: Tova Borgnine has passed away

RIP, Tova ... prayers to her family and friends.

Her passing is like an end of an era for my QVC viewing. My husband and I moved around the country several times for work ... but I talked to my mom every day, no matter where we were. We would often talk about Jeanne Bice, Joan Rivers and Tova shows ... often watching the shows at the same time while we talked or talking about what we bought from which one. Mom passed in Jan 2011 ... Jeanne Bice passed in June that year ... then Joan ... now Tova. Brings back a lot of memories of talking to my mom.

Honored Contributor

I think she was a sincere, genuine person.   Soft spoken.  I think she was hailed as having the guts to start her fragrance mail order!  Back in the day 

before all night  tv, Home shopping   She made her fortune by selling mail order   I remember seeing her ad in movie magazines and Womens magazines.  So selling on TV came second nature.  She made her money on a signiture fragrance.  Back in the "olden" days, lol, before they banned the key ingredients that made perfume linger and added to scent,her Signature fragrance was amazing.  my favorite was Nights  but after  they changed laws  nothing was the same in perfumes.  It was for the best, but darn....,

Trusted Contributor

I have never used her products, because I have problems with scents but I would watch her many times. She was just mesmerizing because of her beauty, grace and overall kindness to everyone. Such a sad loss. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

RIP, Tova ... prayers to her family and friends.

Her passing is like an end of an era for my QVC viewing. My husband and I moved around the country several times for work ... but I talked to my mom every day, no matter where we were. We would often talk about Jeanne Bice, Joan Rivers and Tova shows ... often watching the shows at the same time while we talked or talking about what we bought from which one. Mom passed in Jan 2011 ... Jeanne Bice passed in June that year ... then Joan ... now Tova. Brings back a lot of memories of talking to my mom.

yes, it does feel like an end of era. Looking back at those times and enjoying the shows. And do not forget Nolan Miller.

Respected Contributor

Sad... She seemed pretty healthy and 80 isn't that old these days for a woman. I personally have an aunt who is 101, and I have other close elderly family members (all women)  who are 99 yrs old, 94 yrs old, and 91 yrs old... Amazing.