Frequent Contributor
Well im glad...most contactors can hardly work
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tourists are arriving!

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We drove down to a graduation ceremony a few days ago. It was just a four hour drive but felt like a vacation since we haven't been out and about for so long. We now have a wedding, three graduations, and a birthday party to look forward to and a family reunion we have been trying to schedule since before COVID. How nice it will be to see family in person rather than FaceTime! I have missed the hugs.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I wouldn't say things are back to normal or maybe some people wish they were and are acting like they are. 

@on the bay Yes and I'll reserve judgment on what is "normal" for a couple months. . . 

Honored Contributor

I think people are tired of being couped up and are ready to go out on the road. Getting out there and having fun is worth the price of gas. None of us are getting any younger so enjoy life while you can.

Super Contributor

@Porcelain  as a nurse that is very optimistic of you to say things are back to normal- the virus continues to live and people are still dying even vaccinated ones- just wear a mask which is not a horrible thing could save your life or someone close to you- just dont continue to be remiss about this enemy, things will never go back to pre COVID- good luck to you

Frequent Contributor
I agree Arizona Babe
Valued Contributor

Glad to hear the optimism from your Chamber of Commerce over the upcoming season.

I am in MA and while they expect that people will be descending on the Cape this summer in pretty big numbers the restaurants, clam shacks and merchants are having trouble getting enough staff to run their businesses as usual.  I hope folks will be patient with the kids who do take those summer jobs because they will encounter longer wait times and a lot of inexperienced staff.

Honored Contributor

Love Old Orchard Beach in your beautiful state.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We live in a small resort city in Northern Arizona and the tourist rush is in full swing ( now we try to do all our running around and shopping Monday thru Thursday to avoid the "Citidiots" from the greater Phoenix area.  We can tell when they arrive because of RVs, boats and Testlas ( they must charge them at their summer homes, I've never seen a commercial charger in town).  I do appreciate the money they spend locally and all the little fairs and shows that come with them but it's really messed up our traffic.  We have a three day 20hr round trip to pick up Grands; leave here next Monday( we are driving in the opposite direction of the flow of traffic -- they are going to Vegas).