Valued Contributor

Re: Tourist claims she was raped and thrown from balcony in Dominican Republic

My guess would be that this American woman started flirting with this American guy and after a couple drinks and getting loose, the guy takes the woman to his hotel room when his girlfriend, another American, steps away. When his girlfriend returns to the pool and discovers them both missing, she goes back to her room and discovers boyfriend in the throws of passion with this stranger. Irate, she grabs the stranger, drags her out of the room, and tosses her off the balcony. If this is what happened, and no one involved was from the DR, I don’t see how this reflects on the safety of the country. 

Esteemed Contributor

What?!

Where in the hell are you getting this nonsense from?

Or are you just assuming again, and yet once again, blaming the victim?

There is not one shred, one iota of evidence that even remotely says that happened.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

What?!

There is not one shred, one iota of evidence that even remotely says that happened.

@Anonymous032819  It’s exactly the way it reads to me. And by the way, please stop putting words in my mouth by claiming that I’m blaming the victim. I never said that. What I have consistently said is that if no one involved in this incident was from the DR, then it is not fair to group this incident in with any other recent safety issues and incidents there. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

What?!

@Anonymous032819  It’s exactly the way it reads to me. And by the way, please stop putting words in my mouth by claiming that I’m blaming the victim. I never said that. What I have consistently said is that if no one involved in this incident was from the DR, then it is not fair to group this incident in with any other recent safety issues and incidents there. 

That's because that's what you want to see.

No where does it say that the criminals were Americans. YOU are ASSUMING that.

Just like YOU are ASSUMING that she flirted with the guy.

Just like YOU are ASSUMING that it was tryst gone bad.

You ARE blaming the victim, whether you admit it here or not, you know that you feel that the VICTIM brought the rape and being tossed off of the balcony on to herself. That it's HER fault.

The crime took place in the Dominican Republic, and it's the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC who let these criminals off with just a slap on the wrist.

Therefore it IS the Dominican Republic's problem.

If this happened to your sister, your daughter, your mother, would you also blame them if this crime happened to them?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

What?!

That's because that's what you want to see.

No where does it say that the criminals were Americans. YOU are ASSUMING that.

Just like YOU are ASSUMING that she flirted with the guy.

Just like YOU are ASSUMING that it was tryst gone bad.

You ARE blaming the victim, whether you admit it here or not, you know that you feel that the VICTIM brought the rape and being tossed off of the balcony on to herself. That it's HER fault.

The crime took place in the Dominican Republic, and it's the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC who let these criminals off with just a slap on the wrist.

Therefore it IS the Dominican Republic's problem.

If this happened to your sister, your daughter, your mother, would you also blame them if this crime happened to them?

@Anonymous032819  And YOU are ASSUMING that the victim’s version of what happened is the true version of the story. No rape kit? No test to determine if she was drugged? Yes, it is now the DR’s problem, but who made it their problem?

QVC Customer Care

New Replies have been blocked for this thread