Respected Contributor

If she started in, I would politely say, "Not today ____________. I'm am not up to speaking about this right now. How is your day going?" DIVERT!!!! Make it about HER.

Esteemed Contributor

That is strange. I wonder why she does this...

Honored Contributor

Do you think she is not aware of the pain it causes for some reason?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Occasional Contributor

I would mention it to her when scheduling your next appointment. "Oh, by the way, I really prefer not talking about...", just to keep the topic private from all the other people in the salon.

Super Contributor

I find it difficult to imagine that you don't just simply put a kabosh on it, in no uncertain terms. I would have done that a long time ago. Your statement that you don't want to say you don't want to talk about it 'because it gives too much of your business away in terms of how you feel' makes no sense to me, nor does your needing to convey your feelings without being personal. I would flat out tell her that the subject is off limits, period.

Honored Contributor

She may be an empathetic person and feels the need to discuss your situation each time you visit. Just tell her you appreciate her support but want to move on. I think she'll get the message.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

You are right that I need to put a stop to it. I don't understand it. I also don't understand why her voice goes up when she speaks about it. It 's as though she wants others to hear what is being said. It's all really strange.

Respected Contributor

If she has a pair of scissors in her hand I wouldn't want to make her mad. I've had my share of bad hair cuts during the best of circumstances.

Super Contributor
She is a stylist as my Mom would say she is Making Small Talk. JMO, she means no harm and is not trying to hurt you. So when you go next time You ask 1st So how are you doing? If she brings the conversation back to anything you don't want to discuss why cant you nicely say I really don't want to discuss that. And change the topic.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Why women are scared of their stylists, I'll never understand.

Afraid to speak up for themselves, when it comes to a bad hair cut, or this.

You don't have to be rude or nasty, but just take her a side, and say, "That is a painful topic for me, and I'd rather not talk about it."

If she asks why, repeat the sentence. "That is a painful topic for me, and I'd rather not talk about it."

You don't have to go in to any details.

If she is a professional, she will accept that, and won't take "revenge" on your hair. After all, that would not serve her any purpose, other than to make herself look bad.

There!

Done!

Easy-peasy, lemon squeasy!