Honored Contributor

Re: Touching....or just too weird?

@henderson , @maltesemama 

There are no words that can express the loss of a child or a significant loved one.  It challenges the rational and makes everything insignificant in comparison.  It changes our lives forever.  Much love to both of you.

Respected Contributor

That video gave me such a strange feeling. It also made me very sad.  The fact that it looked like her little girl, but was not real, made tears come to my eyes.

I don't know if I could handle seeing a virtual loved one.
Not sure what I would do if given the chance.

Honored Contributor

It would not bring me comfort.

Happy for those who find it there.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Touching....or just too weird?o

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

To me you are opening something that may make people psychologically turn away from the REAL world and want to stay living in an UNREAL world......What's to say well why not take it a step further and show the daughter growing up....becoming an adult, getting married, having children all done in a make-believe-atmosphere.....The ramifications are SCARY as it could cause society to take a step away from actual reality!!!! ..............

@Spurt   The question is WHAT IS ACTUAL REALITY?

Think about it....No one really knows...it is the secret of the universe...

It is  the same question we ask ourselves....what happens when we die...

a different reality...?  Nothing? Heaven? Hell? Other dimensions?  

we do not know what reality is.

@SeaMaiden 

To me reality is breathing, living, reacting, and doing in our flesh and bones as they exist rather than a world that is superimposed using technology to create the "make believe" which to me is the opposite of reality......JMHO....Im not getting involved in a philosophical discussion "what is life".....that would bring in and incorporate religion which is a "no-no" here on the Forums....

@Spurt   But maybe....it is not make believe as you call it.....

@SeaMaiden 

You mean like the TWILIGHT ZONE!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Many people find comfort in looking at old pictures or videos of departed relatives, others do not.  Just seems like another media for those who want to use it.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Personally, I find it a bit weird. However, some may be comforted by it and that's okay, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

I love the way you speak of your son.   A terrible loss for any mother...so sorry. 

Respected Contributor

Is it really different from people "speaking" to their deceased loved ones in heaven or seeking a medium to communicate with them? Some could argue that's all make believe and living in a fantasy world.

I watched the video, and it is heartbreaking. I don't think it would bring me comfort, but who knows? She said it helped her, so who am I to call it weird? I don't know how I would feel if I were put in that situation. Perhaps grief and desperation would make me want that experience. It's so sad, and I just want to give that mother a hug and make her pain go away.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I kept coming back to this thread but would leave because this touches me on a very personal level.

For this mom, it was an experience that left her with peace.  It was a one time experience and I'm happy for her.

Me?  No.  After all these years I wouldn't go back today.  Nor would I in the future with my other son.

I don't find it weird, though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

This is something I would not elect to do.

It is not real.

Seeing someone you loved again, and viewing them as real, in the moment, does not seem good. You would need to say goodbye again, and may want to see it again, and again.

It could become painful and cause more grief.

It hurts to loose someone, or an animal we loved dearly. We can not bring them back.

We imagine them back but they are not really back in a virtual setting.

As I mentioned before, it would be too painful to see and then have to say goodbye again.

I would not elect to relive that moment and sight.

We can not hold again those who are gone. We think of them and smile and in our thoughts feel their presence and know they are angels by our side be it a person or animal and feel their love and thankful we have it.