Honored Contributor

Re: Touch Free Tool for opening doors

@wagirl wrote:

On the " Dubrow" Pandemic" channel, he was selling 2 for $50 I think--its made from some metal that fends off those nasty germs------found the same thing on AMZ --2/$10. Same miracluous metal and all!!!!!!

@wagirl , Dubrow Pandemic Channel......Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a thread back in June about "Covid Keys."   I copied and pasted this from that thread.  It was posted by @shoesnbags :

An April 2020 study published in the New England Journal of Medicine tested the decay rate of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, on various surfaces. The authors found that it remained on copper for four hours according to their tests, but that “no viable SARS-CoV-2 was measured after 4 hours.” Compare that with the results for plastic and stainless steel, where the virus can live for up to three days. It’s not that copper kills the novel coronavirus on contact, but rather that the surface is inhospitable for it.

The four-hour viability window makes us skeptical of any of these touch tools. Say you use one to take money out at an ATM that has been contaminated, and some of the coronavirus moves to the copper. You then throw your keychain into your pocket or bag, potentially transferring the virus onto a surface where it can live longer—and then potentially transfer to you when you put your hand back in to grab your keys again. Unless you’re properly cleaning the touch tool after each use, and making sure that if it touches surfaces more hospitable to germs (such as polyester clothing or a plastic wallet), you clean or dispose of them, all you’re doing is providing a less-than-ideal surface for the virus and other contaminants to live on. You’re not killing it outright or preventing its spread.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

On the " Dubrow" Pandemic" channel, he was selling 2 for $50 I think--its made from some metal that fends off those nasty germs------found the same thing on AMZ --2/$10. Same miracluous metal and all!!!!!!

@wagirl, good grief. Nothing like exploiting a crisis.

If stuff like this makes people feel more comfortable, go for it. Personally, I've never been that concerned with germs in general. I am, though, almost always in compliance with what real health officials recommend -- distancing, masks, and washing hands.

How condescending. 

"Real Health officials" will tell you all about the benefits of not  making physical hand contact with surfaces that are/might be contaminated with bacteria and viruses, as part of a safety regime. 

All you mask mandaters that don't get the benefit of another layer of protection? Hmmm....

@Mominohio, first, my "exploiting" comment was directed at Dubrow.

The science that I've relied on states that although the virus can live for a short period of time on surfaces, its potency does not. Also, the transmission is somewhat theoretical, so I choose to stick to the common precautions of wearing a mask, distincing, washing hands regularly, and staying home as much as possible.

I recall from your posting history even before Covid that you are very concerned with germs. So I can imagine that my stance might offend you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

If stuff like this makes people feel more comfortable, go for it. Personally, I've never been that concerned with germs in general. I am, though, almost always in compliance with what real health officials recommend -- distancing, masks, and washing hands.

How condescending. 

"Real Health officials" will tell you all about the benefits of not  making physical hand contact with surfaces that are/might be contaminated with bacteria and viruses, as part of a safety regime. 

All you mask mandaters that don't get the benefit of another layer of protection? Hmmm....

The science that I've relied on states that although the virus can live for a short period of time on surfaces, its potency does not. Also, the transmission is somewhat theoretical, so I choose to stick to the common precautions of wearing a mask, distincing, washing hands regularly, and staying home as much as possible.

I recall from your posting history even before Covid that you are very concerned with germs. So I can imagine that my stance might offend you.

Could you elaborate more on this, please?

Honored Contributor

@jcash wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

How condescending. 

Could you elaborate more on this, please?

Not to you, @jcash, And please remember my advice to you about your postings.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Actually. This gadget was already invented back in the 1960s. Remember the sterling silver phone dialer from Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Customer Service Tips

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr