Respected Contributor

Touch Free Tool for opening doors

Sent one of my school teacher friends this photo and she suggested I share it with anyone who is concerned about touching doors in this era of COVID.  

It works with lever-type handles ( circle area ) and pull-type handles ( finger area ).  Supposed to work on keypads at cash registers but I haven't tried it there yet.  

Found it at Staples for $6.  Suggestion: attach to wrist, briefcase, tote, handbag with a stretchy for ease of use.

DB158955-3DB3-457B-82C9-9499904A53C9.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Touch Free Tool for opening doors

Okay, so that thing gets germs on it, and then you put it in your purse or pocket, therefore, transferring the germs.

It's a gimmick to make a buck off of the pandemic.

Just use a tissue to open the door or touch something, then throw the tissue away.

Besides, it won't work on round doorknobs, and I heard that it won't work on all touch screens.

Save your money.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I saw these at Walmart this week. I just carry hand sanitizer with me. I figured if you use this to open things you would have any germs on it then you would be carrying it around with you or putting it in a purse. They didnt have many left at Walmart though.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I don't see the point.  It's just another thing to worry about.  The cross-contamination negates the usefulness for me.

Respected Contributor

I am not concerned about picking up coronavirus on surfaces. I'm concerned about getting it through the air. That awkward tool is just a germ concentrator.

Frequent Contributor

agree

Super Contributor

What purse is that? I love it!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought several of them for myself & family members. They're a waste of money. They don't always work. Also they get germs on them too.I end up using my hand sanitizer anyway, after using it.

The ones I bought said that they're anti bacterial.I don't trust that to be true because it comes in contact with too many surfaces.I end up spraying it plus my hands with sanitizer.

IMO save your money.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure door knobs or handles are a major way to spread Covid 19

Unless of course you touch your eyes, face, etc.

I don't go very many places where I need to touch a door, most push out or are automatic.    I'd rather wear a glove or have a tissue or wipe handy.  I try to use hand sanitizer sparingly to save my skin.

I know it would be considered a "weapon" at my local courthouse.

Respected Contributor

The original version of these were covered in copper which is naturally antimicrobial , so supposedly, IF the virus came in contact with the copper, it would die- At that time, they were selling for $20+ each and the  suggestion was to use  a copper (older) penny (instead)to touch the ATM machine, push doors, tougch buttons, etc