Respected Contributor

Re: Total Relationshio Ender, for You?

When I was married and donated blood one time, I was rejected for possible AIDS.  Both my husband and I went to get tested.  Our marriage was not going well at the time and he indicated he had not been unfaithful and I definitely had not been. 

The clinic called us back very quickly to tell us that we were both negative.....it was a false positive from the American Red Cross testing. 

I've never been back to donate blood since that time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

When I was married and donated blood one time, I was rejected for possible AIDS.  Both my husband and I went to get tested.  Our marriage was not going well at the time and he indicated he had not been unfaithful and I definitely had not been. 

The clinic called us back very quickly to tell us that we were both negative.....it was a false positive from the American Red Cross testing. 

My lord, that would give me a heart attack. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would end the relationship, but not because he had secks with someone....but because he clearly isn't an honest person. Trust is destroyed. To be clear, his having secks with someone would indeed be problematic!....but it would not mean that I would automatically leave for that reason alone. Dishonesty is a serious deal breaker.

Honored Contributor

It's over. Been there done that...with three husbands to be exact. No second chances with that situ. It rarely works out.

Trusted Contributor

It would be totally over!  If I can't trust him to be truthful about that I could not trust him with anything. Even if he were truthful, it is still over. Cheating -  can't forgive it and can't forget it.

Honored Contributor

She should send him packing...she deserves better.
Honored Contributor

There are no absolutes in a relationship, there is no one set of rules for all people and all circumstances.

It is simply about what two people expect of one another, and how they will handle everything that comes along.  

Honored Contributor

If it's HPV, that's possible to lie dormant for years and can come and go and may not get picked up depending on if it's active or not when she gets screened so it's possible either one may have had it prior to their relationship. I wonder what prompted her getting tested? I don't typically have them run any at my physicals anymore. 
Definitely not enough information. 

Honored Contributor

I would be so heartbroken, I wouldn't feel loved by him no matter what he said or did.  

Not to mention that your health has now been jeopardized.

It would be over.

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

@cindyNC 

They do make mistakes.  Our 17-year-old (then) son was applying to one of the military schools and on acceptance, had to have a physical.  His blood type came back different from DH and me. It was done by Red Cross.  He was so upset he had to leave school that afternoon when he received his physical results.  He knew that blood type was not mine, nor was it his daddy's (we had donated blood and it was just one of those things every family talks about with their children, about the importance, etc).  So he began blaming me for having an affair.  Then he began doubting that we were married when he was born and all kinds of accusations and just like a normal teen, I suppose, he wanted answers.  Then he brooched the subject of "was I adopted? Why have I not been told?"  DH came home and by then he was somewhat calmer and asked his Dad.  We had a medical doctor friend who we spoke with and offered to take him to a reference lab in town and get blood work done.  We figured he had his daddy's blood type because he had had jaundice as a baby.  It came back that he had his daddy's blood type.  Those false tests from carelessness can cause a lot of problems in life.