Honored Contributor

Re: Total Relationshio Ender, for You?

[ Edited ]

So much here we don't know.  One thing, I would want to know is, did the husband know he had the disease....did he have symptoms or even suspect he did?  That would be the game changer for me.  IF he knew and didn't care enough about his wife's health to fess up, that would pretty much tell me all I needed to know.  

Trusted Contributor

Cheating is one thing but assuming the husband had to be treated for the STD and didn't tell his wife puts a whole 'nother layer of mistrust and lack of caring on the situation. It's really inexcusable. IMO even with counseling and forgiveness this would be on my mind for the rest of my life. It wouldn't work.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

Cheating is one thing but assuming the husband had to be treated for the STD and didn't tell his wife puts a whole 'nother layer of mistrust and lack of caring on the situation. It's really inexcusable. IMO even with counseling and forgiveness this would be on my mind for the rest of my life. It wouldn't work.

Yes, I agree.  If he knew and kept quiet about it, he once again, put his love for himself above his wife and that isn't love, imo.  

Respected Contributor

I would play along with retesting and all.  Meanwhile, I would be getting a lawyer, etc., so I knew how to leave with dignity.  I would not show my hand too soon.

PS:  My guess is that the man is a dog.

Super Contributor

I'd have to know more about the case.  Is the STD one that lies dormant and resurfaces later?  Meaning it was gotten before and just surfaced.