Honored Contributor

Tornados hit the US today( Fri)

[ Edited ]

@Soonerand all  in the path of these storms, I am thinking of you, and praying for you safety..

Be safe, and check in when you can. There are several states involved ,Nebraska, and Oklahoma, Texas and others

I know we have posters here from all the affected states  @BirkiLady from Nebraska

@Soonerfrom Oklahoma, @Cakers3 from Texas, and many more

Please, those that believe in the power of prayer, pray for the people in all affected areas

Honored Contributor

Re: Tornados hit the US today( Fri)

I’m in Tulsa. The sirens went off several times but nothing around my area. 

Then we lost Cox cable and internet so if anything happened I didn’t know. We had nothing to listen to or watch.

When things settled down we went to Best Buy and bought a FM/AM radio which also runs on batteries.

Got home and everything was working.

We are in for more stuff tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Saw this on the news today. Please stay safe everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Eeryone in tornado areas please stay safe...may God watchover all of you 🙏🙏

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry  Thanks for your concern and kind remarks. Nebraska did have three very small tornado activites within the state. None were in the Eastern part of Nebraska and I haven't heard of any significant damages (they hit very rural areas). It's that time of the year in the central part of the US! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@cherry  and all:  Thank. you so much for your concen!  I worry about all of us in the path of spring's violent side.

We were lucky where we live and didn't get wind or hail.

Monday is supposed to be ripe for a big outbreak and so we are in the bullseye of expected bad weather.  So I'll keep praying for all of us to be safe and think of all of you!

Honored Contributor

@cherry,   You're so thoughtful to post this thread.   Prayers for everyone in the path of storms.   Please, please be careful. ~❤️~ 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo 

We also had tornados in Illinois Friday!

I was waiting for a friend having tests done 

in a hospital and sirens went off....we were told to stay  in the waiting room for radiology ...even some doctors were there wwatching weather reports on

tv!!

Later, after i got back home we had severe t-storm warnings out....it was a little scary when it hit...lighting scares me .plus that thunder!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

Thinking and praying for all forum friends in the path of such

terrifying weather.  May God protect everyone affected.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@dooBdoo 

We also had tornados in Illinois Friday!

I was waiting for a friend having tests done 

in a hospital and sirens went off....we were told to stay  in the waiting room for radiology ...even some doctors were there wwatching weather reports on

tv!!

Later, after i got back home we had severe t-storm warnings out....it was a little scary when it hit...lighting scares me .plus that thunder!

How scary, @cowboy sam!    I've had the experience of being in direct tornado hits twice in recent years (and it was in an area that didn't have a history of being vulnerable to tornadoes... now it is, so we've learned to be vigilant and as prepared as we can be).    I'm glad you and your friend are okay.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova