Honored Contributor

Tornadoes are developing tonight.  I wish I didn't live here.

Stay safe to all of you also in the path of storms!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Tornadoes tonight!

[ Edited ]

@Sooner Oh dear! Please stay safe. What area of the country are you in, if you don't mind my asking? 

I've often wondered if you are in Oklahoma due to your board name!

Honored Contributor

Oklahoma!  Tornado central!  The National Severe Storms Lab is not far from Oklahoma City, if that tells you something!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Sooner I hope you will be safe.

When I was a kid my mom drove us to and from Wichita to visit family. On the way back to California we stopped in Oklahoma due to tornado warnings and got to stay in a motel with a pool! A big deal for us in the early 60's.

I remember how pretty the whole area was, tho I don't recall exactlywhere we were.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Sooner I hope you will be safe.

When I was a kid my mom drove us to and from Wichita to visit family. On the way back to California we stopped in Oklahoma due to tornado warnings and got to stay in a motel with a pool! A big deal for us in the early 60's.

I remember how pretty the whole area was, tho I don't recall exactlywhere we were.

@Love my grandkids Oh yes!  A pool was a big deal.  You probably were in or near Tulsa or Oklahoma City! 

Honored Contributor

Tornados are so scary and where I live where we rarely experienced them are now considered in Tornado ally!  The storms have worsened and I do hate when the winds are strong.  

Be safe and well and hopefully you won't have any tornado issues.  

Respected Contributor

Be safe!

Respected Contributor

Be safe.  Storms these days are getting scary.  I cant imagine living in an area that gets hit often.  The last one hit way too close to home. 

Honored Contributor

My friend who had her room just replaced said they had more hail, but not big hail, and a mesocyclone passed over but no tornado came down.  She has had a rough year.  

So it looks like things are slowing down a little for OK by about 8:30 unless it all revs up again!

Thanks for the good thoughts!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner I was only about 10 but I do recall we were near Oklahoma City. It was very very windy I do recall. I remember that the motel was full but the manager persuaded a couple of single people (don't know anything more) to share a room so my mom, sis and I could have a safe place. They were all so nice. My mom was really scared.

She grew up in Kansas with tornadoes and this was the only motel we could find with a vacancy.