Honored Contributor

Re: Tori and Dean's Bank Accounts Seized by the Internal Revenue Service

@Free2be wrote:

I take this as having some truth and some gossip.  As if they would have only one bank account to drain.  The IRS would seem to have enough headaches without assuming a family can feed themselves some other way while taking their last banked dollar. 

Being raised in unimaginable wealth and privilege, and wanting a large family to experience healthier family connections, would everyone else had handled it differently being in her shoes?   We should not be so sure.  We can't help who we fall in love with and she obviously hasn't lost love for her husband.  She'll manage somehow just as she's survived public scorn.

There are many other entities I'd prefer to see the IRS close in on.

@Free2be

I personlly don't buy the "I was raised spoiled rotten, so I don't have to pay my debts' excuse....sorry.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I don't know if anyone remembers she had a crafting competition show a few years back.  I really enjoyed it as crafting is completely outside of my wheelhouse but I love watching folks that know what they are doing.  She was a good host and I thought it was a good show but I think it only lasted one season.

I can't imagine what it must be like to grow up in a house that has an ice skating rink and a bowling alley and I'm sure the transition from being Aaron Spelling's daughter to her current husband's wife should have had more than a few adjustments but they have had financial problems since they met and they should have pulled it together by now if for no other reason than their children.

I have read that Candy is ensuring the children are taken care of (housing, schooling, insurance, etc.) but refuses to help them with their bills outside of the welfare of her grandchildren.  I saw a documentary on when she was building out her current home and it didn't always portray her in the best light.  It sounds like both mother and daughter have spending/storage container issues but Candy is able to have Aaron's money behind her.  For me, the whole thing is kind of sad.

@momtochloe

AND to have a mother that constantly spent so extravagantly, that Candy also had her own GIFT WRAPPING ROOM in the house.   oi vey!   Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @Free2be!  I so agree with your post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Early on Candy enabled this overspending behavior.  No, it's not her mother's fault that Tori and Dean are in debt.  Yes, it is partly her mother's fault that Tori is so messed up.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 I agree with your assessment.  I think people don't assume responsibility for their actions.  I have something in my kitchen that I see every day that goes like this:

# When you choose the behavior you choose the consequences.

Unfortunately, it's their children (as usual) who has to deal with the consequences and sins of the parents.  

She doesn't have enough sense to get rid of him (that would be a start in the right direction).  Then she should get some mental help.  Those are two things in the right direction.  But then I think she KNOWS what to do, she just would rather not do it.

This is true (in one way or another) of everyone.  Unfortunately her boo boos (mess ups) are way bigger than most people's.

And it all plays out in the court of public affairs! 

Honored Contributor

Tori may have learned her extravagant spending habits from her mother but.........Candy can afford hers, Tori does not have her mother's bank accounts. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

I think Candy is a monster.

Respected Contributor

Candy probably has a lot of investment income that she is giving to her children instead of using the principle of her vast wealth.  She also collects social security and probably gives that to Tori as well. She's smart not to give each of her two children $10 million a piece and then call it a day.  Doubtful that amount would last Tori a life time and if Tori had that kind of money, her husband would probably clean out 1/2 and split.  

Honored Contributor

@Teacups wrote:

@Teacups

I'm leaning in that direction, too.

Honored Contributor

@Teacups wrote:

How so @Teacups?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore