Honored Contributor

Re: Tori and Dean's Bank Accounts Seized by the Internal Revenue Service

@missy1 wrote:

My favorite show was Beverly Hills 90210. I actually enjoyed Tori and Dean's reality shows (B & B Inn etc.), except when they did the wedding series.

I think Tori learned here "over"spending habits from her mom.

I liked her B and B "inn" show too.  I don't remember the wedding series though I may have watched it. 

Yes, Candy appears to spend a lot of money.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I think Tori needs to kick her husband to the curb.  I really think she could turn things around with counseling and without him.  I'd even be willing to tune into a future reality show--as long as her husband wasn't going to be involved with it.  If he's in it, no way will I watch!

Kudos to the IRS for going after the nest egg.  Sounds like they've ripped off a lot of people so they need to make amends.  Guessing the previous Mrs. McDermott is now plotting her next move since Dean's having the accounts drained may impact her next payments.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know if anyone remembers she had a crafting competition show a few years back.  I really enjoyed it as crafting is completely outside of my wheelhouse but I love watching folks that know what they are doing.  She was a good host and I thought it was a good show but I think it only lasted one season.

I can't imagine what it must be like to grow up in a house that has an ice skating rink and a bowling alley and I'm sure the transition from being Aaron Spelling's daughter to her current husband's wife should have had more than a few adjustments but they have had financial problems since they met and they should have pulled it together by now if for no other reason than their children.

I have read that Candy is ensuring the children are taken care of (housing, schooling, insurance, etc.) but refuses to help them with their bills outside of the welfare of her grandchildren.  I saw a documentary on when she was building out her current home and it didn't always portray her in the best light.  It sounds like both mother and daughter have spending/storage container issues but Candy is able to have Aaron's money behind her.  For me, the whole thing is kind of sad.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

My favorite show was Beverly Hills 90210. I actually enjoyed Tori and Dean's reality shows (B & B Inn etc.), except when they did the wedding series.

I think Tori learned here "over"spending habits from her mom.

I enjoyed her shows too, I agree with you and Winamac!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

How can they take away all of their money?  With all of those children, they need to be able to house and feed them?

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Hollywood usually helps their own.  They may end up getting a reality show.  Time will tell.  And, to think her mother has many, many millions.  Cat Very Happy

Hollywood wants nothing to do with these losers. They had reality shows....blew through the money.  Her Mother owes her NOTHING.  Why do children always  think they deserve  money from their parents? 

Honored Contributor

@Ohio Night Owl wrote:

Uh- I  could VERY easily live on 800,000 for the rest of my life!

That is more money than most Americans make in a lifetime.

Respected Contributor

I take this as having some truth and some gossip.  As if they would have only one bank account to drain.  The IRS would seem to have enough headaches without assuming a family can feed themselves some other way while taking their last banked dollar. 

Being raised in unimaginable wealth and privilege, and wanting a large family to experience healthier family connections, would everyone else had handled it differently being in her shoes?   We should not be so sure.  We can't help who we fall in love with and she obviously hasn't lost love for her husband.  She'll manage somehow just as she's survived public scorn.

There are many other entities I'd prefer to see the IRS close in on.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

How can they take away all of their money?  With all of those children, they need to be able to house and feed them?

@Annabellethecat66

Candy pays their rent, food and private school tuition for the kids.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I take this as having some truth and some gossip.  As if they would have only one bank account to drain.  The IRS would seem to have enough headaches without assuming a family can feed themselves some other way while taking their last banked dollar. 

Being raised in unimaginable wealth and privilege, and wanting a large family to experience healthier family connections, would everyone else had handled it differently being in her shoes?   We should not be so sure.  We can't help who we fall in love with and she obviously hasn't lost love for her husband.  She'll manage somehow just as she's survived public scorn.

There are many other entities I'd prefer to see the IRS close in on.

Oh yes there are many others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**