Trusted Contributor

Re: Top Five charity donors in U.S.

[ Edited ]

@novamc1 When I tried to read at that publication that you mentioned, they told me to register first with an email address where they would ask me a bunch of personal questions before letting me read.  I would then got their emails on a regular basis asking for donations.  I'm not going to register.  In fact, many publications let you read for a limited number of times before ever asking and this was the first I've been on their site.  

I wanted to see if my hero was on their list.  The late great Sheldon Adelson.  I love that man for what he did for every single employee of his around the world.  When his resorts closed, not one person was without their full pay and medical benefits.   Also, he used his personal fleet of airplanes to fly to China and have his staff personally pickup from the tarmac PPE which he then delivered to NYC and others during the start of the pandemic.  That is just the tip of the iceberg of what that generous and kind man has done for humanity.  

Respected Contributor

Well, as I always remind myself, news is news and facts are facts.

Just dare to quote some of them and some people will get agitated.

Wouldn't we all  like to think the world should operate our way and people should do exactly what we think they should?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@agb80 

Just do an internet search using keywords such as "top 50 charity donors" or something else related, which can generate links to other news sources which have carried the story with much more detail.

It's in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today so check that website. I think I also saw it on a national TV network website.