Honored Contributor

Re: Top Chef-Duels --Knockout --Spoilers

In a continuation of the competition, Bravo will add to its award-winning slate of companion digital video series with "The Knockout," which gives eliminated chefs a chance to claim a spot in the Top Chef Duels finale on-air. Hosted by Wolfgang Puck, each week the most recently eliminated chef from the series will compete against the incumbent Knockout champion. The winner of that battle moves on to face the next eliminated contestant, but in a twist on the format of "Last Chance Kitchen," a chef only needs to win one battle to qualify for a place in "The Knockout" online finals. However, the more battles a chef wins, the better his/her chances of earning a spot back on the show. Only the ultimate winner of "The Knockout" will re-enter the Top Chef Duels Championship finale.

...the above is from the bravo website....

LOL, but i am still not sure i understand, especially the brooke part......i have not watched it yet, are you sure brooke won against mike? i am going to binge watch this tomorrow i think!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 9/12/2014 sunshine45 said:

In a continuation of the competition, Bravo will add to its award-winning slate of companion digital video series with "The Knockout," which gives eliminated chefs a chance to claim a spot in the Top Chef Duels finale on-air. Hosted by Wolfgang Puck, each week the most recently eliminated chef from the series will compete against the incumbent Knockout champion. The winner of that battle moves on to face the next eliminated contestant, but in a twist on the format of "Last Chance Kitchen," a chef only needs to win one battle to qualify for a place in "The Knockout" online finals. However, the more battles a chef wins, the better his/her chances of earning a spot back on the show. Only the ultimate winner of "The Knockout" will re-enter the Top Chef Duels Championship finale.

...the above is from the bravo website....

LOL, but i am still not sure i understand, especially the brooke part......i have not watched it yet, are you sure brooke won against mike? i am going to binge watch this tomorrow i think!

I'll double check but Brooke sits there every week drinking wine with Wolfgang. I am totally totally confused LOL! So, it sounds like Mike CHOSE to keep competing?

ETA: Okay, I just went to the website and found that yes, Mike DID beat Brooke. Brooke beat Marcel so she has a spot in the final. Mike has a spot in the final also. The point of him continuing to compete was to try to eliminate more contenders which you can do until you lose. Mike has a spot in the finals tho because he won against Brooke. Brooke has a spot because she beat Marcel. Now Tiffani will have a spot because she beat Mike. All three of them have a spot in the final.

Good grief what a convoluted contest!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 scotttie said:
On 9/12/2014 sunshine45 said:

<em>In a continuation of the competition, Bravo will add to its award-winning slate of companion digital video series with "The Knockout," which gives eliminated chefs a chance to claim a spot in the Top Chef Duels finale on-air. Hosted by Wolfgang Puck, each week the most recently eliminated chef from the series will compete against the incumbent Knockout champion. The winner of that battle moves on to face the next eliminated contestant, but in a twist on the format of "Last Chance Kitchen," a chef only needs to win one battle to qualify for a place in "The Knockout" online finals. However, the more battles a chef wins, the better his/her chances of earning a spot back on the show. Only the ultimate winner of "The Knockout" will re-enter the Top Chef Duels Championship finale.</em>

<em><br /></em>

<em>...the above is from the bravo website....</em>

<em><br /></em>

<em>LOL, but i am still not sure i understand, especially the brooke part......i have not watched it yet, are you sure brooke won against mike? i am going to binge watch this tomorrow i think!<br /></em>

I'll double check but Brooke sits there every week drinking wine with Wolfgang. I am totally totally confused LOL! So, it sounds like Mike CHOSE to keep competing?

ETA: Okay, I just went to the website and found that yes, Mike DID beat Brooke. Brooke beat Marcel so she has a spot in the final. Mike has a spot in the final also. The point of him continuing to compete was to try to eliminate more contenders which you can do until you lose. Mike has a spot in the finals tho because he won against Brooke. Brooke has a spot because she beat Marcel. Now Tiffani will have a spot because she beat Mike. All three of them have a spot in the final.

Good grief what a convoluted contest!!!!

LOL, thank you,{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} to you for figuring it out, I think I get it now!