Esteemed Contributor

Re: Top 10 most-reputable countries to travel to (& reside in)

I have been to all of them.  I live part time in Italy and it's pretty "reputable" but has some difficulties mostly economical so maybe that makes it disreputable.  But, if I were younger I would select Australia or New Zealand but lean to Australia because of their cultural events and the food.  I was just there in January.....I love the people, the food, the weather, their outlook on life.  The economy is good but it is expensive to live in both countries.  They have beautiful beaches, you can ski in NZ, it is safe with little crime.  Both countries believe they are stewards of the earth and protect their animals and environment.  The healthcare system appears to be a good one and citizens are happy with it.  Because of their isolation and strict immigration policies there is virtually no terrorism even tho both countries are delightfully diverse and welcoming.  I have been lucky and have done a lot of traveling but Australia and NZ are my favorites and just about perfect. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

I had just said to my husband and children the other week, IF I was younger, I would move to Australia forever. Because I love our country dont get me wrong but Im tired of things that go on here such as the violence, and greed by many. But Im not young (lol) so I will be staying in the USA.

And I might add, our country should take a lesson from these other countries.

@Shorty2U- ITA....the only thing that stops me from heading to Australia is my age and too far from family at this point in life.  But the quality of life is wonderful in Australia and the people have a lust for life, fun and adventurous and just a naturally beautiful place.  My idea of how heaven may look! 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I know this may seem immature of me to say, but I feel a little more safer on this side of the pond these days. Everywhere else would feel too close for comfort.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I know this may seem immature of me to say, but I feel a little more safer on this side of the pond these days. Everywhere else would feel too close for comfort.

@SilleeMee- I don't feel safe on either side of the pond but I won't let that stop me because then THEY win

Respected Contributor

Oh so according to this "list" Europe good Middle East bad? as I do not see Jordan or Israel listed or Arab Emirates. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

Oh so according to this "list" Europe good Middle East bad? as I do not see Jordan or Israel listed or Arab Emirates. 

@AngusandBuddhasMom- I don't think the criteria was based on the country itself but what people seek and what a Country offers...."peace and happiness" was one of the criteria and that isn't readily available in the ME.  

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom- I don't think the criteria was based on the country itself but what people seek and what a Country offers...."peace and happiness" was one of the criteria and that isn't readily available in the ME.  

I know what the criteria is and again I don't see why these countries were omitted. Having family in the ME I can say that peace and happiness can be found there just like anywhere else. People there are the same as people anywhere.

Honored Contributor

I want to go to Australia just for the hot guys!

Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Stray wrote:

I know what the criteria is and again I don't see why these countries were omitted. Having family in the ME I can say that peace and happiness can be found there just like anywhere else. People there are the same as people anywhere.

@AngusandBuddhasMom-because it was a  survey and that was their finding based on respondents and what they were seeking in terms of "peace and happiness" not opinion or a commentary on a Country or region; its data.  "happiness" is relative and very personal.