Respected Contributor

Re: Took a Trip to the QVC Outlet Yesterday!

@PA Mom-mom   If I lived closer, I'd go more often.  Honestly, if I didn't purchase anything (although it's nice getting a bargain) I'd be happy just to go, spend time with my sister and daughter and have a nice lunch.  To me, it's just a nice day out with or without any QVC items.  Most times, though, we wind up coming home with something/s.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@PA Mom-mom   If I lived closer, I'd go more often.  Honestly, if I didn't purchase anything (although it's nice getting a bargain) I'd be happy just to go, spend time with my sister and daughter and have a nice lunch.  To me, it's just a nice day out with or without any QVC items.  Most times, though, we wind up coming home with something/s.  

@ciao_bella  Completely agree! I would take my DD and DIL with me if they lived closer.  Besides the occasional holiday, they are only here for a week at Christmas and a week in July. There is so much going on, we don't have time for a field trip just for ourselves. They would also appreciate a special lunch. 

Contributor

I live in the Frazer/Malvern/Exton/West Chester area and I have eaten at Nudy's many times.  I love it.  Also really close is Chickie and Pete's and PJ Whelihans's (Both on Route 29).  I eat there alot also.  

I haven't been to the outlet in a couple of years though, I always forget that it's there.  I used to be able to drive to QVC Studio Park to pick up TSV's if I wanted them.  Saved the shipping.  Can't do that anymore though.  

Esteemed Contributor

The QVC Outlet in Brandon FL was an HSN Outlet until the name changed recently.

Honored Contributor

I visited the store in Lancaster many times before it closed.  It used to be a mess with clothing half off the hangers or laying on the floor getting walked on.

Some things were in sealed brown boxes and people ripped them open.

Later, they moved and it was better and more organized, but a lot of merchandise was damaged or missing pieces, probably returns.

I did get a beautiful handmade quilt that was numbered for a great price....they only had one.  I had originally saw it in the Spiegel catalog for $600 and fell in love with it. QVC outlet had it for $60 and I quickly grabbed it.

It was in perfect condition, but when I got home I noticed it was numbered 666.  I suppose no one wanted that number.

It was mostly hit or miss.  Often items were junky or overpriced.  I stopped going. It wasn't worth it, and on weekends busses from NY dropped shoppers off by the hundreds....no sales tax here on clothing.

I am sorry the store in Lancaster has closed, but not enough to visit the store in Frazer.  It wouldn't be worth the trip for me. It's three hours away.

@ciao_bella   It sounds like you got some great deals.  I am happy the trip worked out for you.  It's a good feeling to get a bargain.

Honored Contributor

I've been to the one in Rehoboth DE many times, but years ago.  It was a hot mess. 

But I was there for GOLD and only GOLD.  So you took a number, perused what was under the glass and waited your turn. 

There was no mess in the fine jewelry dept!  Only thick heavy pieces of gold at great prices. That's when gold was a LOT less than it is now.  It was easily affordable.

Still have remorse for not getting a yellow gold watch exactly like the white gold watch I have.  I don't wear yellow gold on my ears or around my neck, but would definitely rock it on my wrists and hands. 

I'd also been to one in DE on Kirkwood highway.  It was a hot mess.  Not in a touristy area. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm I loved the outlet store on Kirkwood Highway/Prices Corner. Agree that some of the stuff, like clothing, was a mess there, but I shopped that store mainly for the Gold jewelry. I live in PA and also went to the Lancaster, Frazer and Drexel Hill outlets, but since PA charges sales tax and DE does not I purchased higher priced items in DE. 

I found many Imperial Gold items, large stampato bracelets and a few gold watches in Delaware. That store had a nice jewelry counter and great variety off items.

I used to bring my Mom to the outlet stores 2 x a month. Usually we would stop at Drexel Hill and Prices Corner, or Drexel Hill and Frazer. After my Mom passed in 2010, I only went to the Frazer outlet a few times. 

Honored Contributor

I went a few times to the one near us in Delaware. For years I didn't go because I didn't know what "QVC" was! Shortly after I did know, they closed!  Smiley Sad

I bought two things,  a standing jewelry case for DD and a Quacker Factory Halloween wreath that fell apart a few years later.

I remember talking to the lady at the jewelry case. Again, I was new, so I didn't know the lines well. Back then everyone was waiting for the hand painted Polish china. She said they couldn't keep it in stock at all. She said some local people called twice a day!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I used to go quite often to both Lancaster and Frazer, and occasionally Delaware when it was still open.

The bargains I purchased were tremendous, especially as others have stated, with gold jewelry. One year I bought Honora gold and druzy pearl earrings for everybody-- less than $40.00 each!

Once I bought about ten Dennis Basso big fur blankets for $12.00 each--they even came with a teddy bear.

Nowadays the single PA store is a bit of a shadow of its former days, although it is still fun to search out a few well-priced items.

I was at the outlet last month, and I saw a cashmere sweater I have on my wish list for less than a third of the QVC price!  However, I decided not to purchase it, because I just have too much stuff.  Now I just go to the outlet a few times a year. So glad you found some nice purchases!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella  Sounds like you had a great day!  Years ago we went to Lancaster.  It wasn't so good.  Looked like a return center.  I'm glad Frazier is nice, and a day with your family and a nice lunch was great I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.  

I went on a QVC tour once, it was nice.  We met Leah that day, she was kind and personable.  Not sure if they still do tours, but I'm from SW Pa near Pittsburgh.  I think a live show would be nice.