Honored Contributor

The parking lot was well attended. I thought about giving it a miss but, just then, a car backed out of a prime parking spot right in front of me. I saw that as good omen but a waste of the good karma I've been saving up so I parked and went in.

Beautiful flowers and plants everywhere. People checking out stacks of mulch and carts full of plants.

Everyone was wearing a mask and there seemed ample employees about.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Took a Trip to Lowes Today

Our Lowes is the same way.  Home Depot on the other hand is a mess, at least it was last week, only one door open, long lines to get in as they were limiting the number of people allowed in.  If you wanted something from the garden center you had to go thru the store, buy what you wanted, and go back to the only open door.   People would drive up, see the long lines, and leave - probably to go to Lowes.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a fern at Lowe's and a couple of geraniums at HD, both yesterday, as both stores are located near my home.

I find both stores' garden departments easier to navigate later in the day. I looked for inspiration on outdoor furnishings at Lowe's, but nada. I would have bought the fern at WM- they had a truckload of them last week. Sadly, you snooze, you lose.

HD had a greater variety of flowers.

Tomorrow is my last stop: the local garden center. IF I can get exactly what I want there- great. If not I may just not do the two planters along my deck railing. It looks good as is, and I have spent enough $ on flowers for the season.

Honored Contributor

My home Depot is across from Lowes and always depressing. I love the feeling I get at Lowes, the atmosphere is so pleasant. I always leave with flowers and in a great mood like I had just come from visiting a friend.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

My home Depot is across from Lowes and always depressing. I love the feeling I get at Lowes, the atmosphere is so pleasant. I always leave with flowers and in a great mood like I had just come from visiting a friend.

My local Lowe's is great too. I 'm going soon to get some herbs !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Our Lowes is the same way.  Home Depot on the other hand is a mess, at least it was last week, only one door open, long lines to get in as they were limiting the number of people allowed in.  If you wanted something from the garden center you had to go thru the store, buy what you wanted, and go back to the only open door.   People would drive up, see the long lines, and leave - probably to go to Lowes.

That's exactly what I did last Saturday when I went to Home Depot to buy basil plants.  I guess I should try Lowes.

Esteemed Contributor

Same. Lowe's Garden Center today. Wore mask, picked up flower pot and a few flowers. Didn't go inside of store but felt comfortable with environment. Washed hands with wipes when I got to the car. Washed hands with soap when I got home. We just do the best we can do. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

There's something about beautiful growing things, helping to encourage serenity and restore perspective...

Respected Contributor

We were at Lowe's Monday, and wore a mask indoors but not outdoors, as they're not required outdoors where social distancing can be maintained. 

DH and I picked up a couple of deck plants there, then went to a couple of local garden centers yesterday. People are definitely enjoying the scenery and the sun.

What worries you masters you.