Esteemed Contributor

Too much rain, Noah called, the Ark's ready.........

Every time I ask DH "can it rain anymore?", it does.  Between the constant rain and warmer temps our grass is ankle high.  I should just borrow 2 or 3 cows to come for brunch.  The landmower would get bogged down in mud now.

Last summer was lousy with rain so I hope it turns around soon. I used to plant a ton of flowers,but I gave up because it was either a monsoon summer or a drought. Now it's a few hanging baskets.

What happened to beautiful days and a nice gentle rain all night.  I remember them but not recently.

Honored Contributor

Re: Too much rain, Noah called, the Ark's ready.........

I know right! I found a toad on the steps outside our screened in porch this morning. I've seen toads in the garden before, but never on my steps, they must be looking for higher ground.

Honored Contributor

I feel you @CrazyKittyLvr2   We had so much intermittent rain for a week that the ground was spongey soft.  It finally dried out over this past weekend and I was able to fire up the mower and cut my grass for the first time this season.  There was a row or two near the pines in the back that I just left alone.  It was borderline muddy back there and the grass hadn't grown much.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

here in RI we set a new record for the number of rainy days in April.....and it hasn't gotten much better!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   ITA.  It's wet and cold here in NE Ohio too.  It hasn't rained yet today, but it's only about 50 degrees.  I live near Lake Erie which is currently about 45 degrees, and we've had a lot of north winds lately, so you get the picture.  Just about 40 miles south of here it's in the 70's today, but that lake sure is nice in the summer (if it ever gets here).

I look in my closet and see that 50% of it is summer clothes, when only 20% of the time it's summer weather.  Something is wrong there.......maybe wishful thinking?

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Send some rain to Seattle please! We are in a drought!

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99   While I am tickled pink with the trees finally being green and some flowers blooming I hate mud. Of course there is not a sidewalk in sight where I live. Have to go 4 miles to "town" to see them.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Send some rain to Seattle please! We are in a drought!

@SeaMaiden 

I wish I could send you some of mine!  We’ve already gotten more than our usual annual rainfall amount in just the first four months of the year! ☔️😞

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 SO you're the one responsible for all the rain, would you please stop asking your husband that question?  It sounds like you're behind it all. 

ROFLOL    wink*** wink***

Esteemed Contributor

Send some more to Arizona. The rain we’ve been having is great. It’s keeping the temps below 100.