Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Too Old for International Travel?

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
Age is irrelevant. It comes down to health and finances.

@bikerbabe   @dulwich 

That's what I was going to say .... and her mobility.  How far can she walk comfortably?   OH!   And how many medications does she take?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I did ask her about medications, etc., she takes only one low dose blood pressure pill daily - has regular check ups with Dr.    Her mobility is good she swims with us also does yoga and weights class twice a week at our local senior centre.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for feedback.  I now have lots of good information to give to her then she can decide. 

Valued Contributor

Just thought I would add this as a word of caution each one has to make up their own mine.

Remember a  case of someone who now was  in their late 70's who  always took a visit to the country he was born in to visit family,well this time he never came back  as he was found dead he passed away in his sleep.Think people have to be so careful of blood clots  caused by  sitting for the long flight,that is why they say people should try to walk down the aisle if possible to get the blood moving..

To add to this remember my uncle treated my  grandparents back in the 70's a trip  back to the old country all I remember them saying  it was sad because they spent time with the younger generation of family  visiting so many cemeteries of their  loved ones.They were so happy to get back .

Think in this case the women  family is really concern about her making the trip . I am now a senior and  I couldn't think of getting myself on a plane anymore with the way airports are, just too hectic.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich 

My thoughts are for you, I wish you could have made the trip with her.