Honored Contributor

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

On 12/27/2014 mstyrion 1 said:
On 12/27/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/27/2014 minkbunny said:
On 12/27/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/27/2014 mstyrion 1 said:

I am one of those people for whom tunics and leggings are extremely flattering. I have long, thin legs and no hips. Finding regular pants is difficult for me because the hips are always huge and baggy on me.

I am fit and not "heavy in the middle". I just happen to be built straight up and down instead of curvy. I am also short in the torso, so waist length things look silly on me.

If you buy leggings that look like pantyhose, you're buying the wrong leggings.

This season, the look appears to be tunics, skinny bottoms and boots. It works for me, but I'm sure not for everyone. One thing is certain, fashion will spin around to embrace the curvy look again. Hang in there, Noel!

I'm only curvy on top, lol, bosoms. No butt, no real hips. I wear a lot of separates because I'm a size larger on top.

Same here. But, no complaints {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Ah ha! The word for the two of us used to be... "stacked" {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I could make a few jokes here about it, but someone would report me and the entire line would go down {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

noel {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I get you. You could rock skinny jeans with a top that comes just above your low hip.

Tall boots probably aren't right for you if you're short, but ankle length would be great.

That does look nice! I love boots, but you're right, the shorter boots are best for me!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

NM

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Today I received a Neiman Marcus Winter Sale catalog. There are a lot of tunic tops featured. What I noticed is they are not shapeless. While most are straight or A-line, they are fitted in the shoulders. (which is flattering look) A few are shown with leggings (none look like tights), and a few with wider leg pants. The majority are shown with classic, straight leg pants. The look (in the right proportions) is flattering on any body type.

IMO it is all about fit. Clothes that are too small look terrible on any body type. Clothes that are too big and just hang, tend to be less than flattering on any body type as well.

I am 5'3" and prefer a longer top, but not one down to my knees.

As a person with an ample bottom, I will never understand why some emphasize it. I've always tried to minimize it. Different strokes.

Super Contributor

On 12/27/2014 deepwaterdotter said:
It looks like some of the world has "spun around to embrace the curvy look." Could Kim Kardashian, Iggy Azalea, and Nicki Minaj be getting more media attention?

And Meghan Trainor....

All about that bass

'Bout that bass

No treble...

Esteemed Contributor

Since I'm tall, tunics work for me. My favorite length.

Skinny jeans? I think they belong on the truly skinny but a slim cut pair of pants works well for me.

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 lulu2 said:

Today I received a Neiman Marcus Winter Sale catalog. There are a lot of tunic tops featured. What I noticed is they are not shapeless. While most are straight or A-line, they are fitted in the shoulders. (which is flattering look) A few are shown with leggings (none look like tights), and a few with wider leg pants. The majority are shown with classic, straight leg pants. The look (in the right proportions) is flattering on any body type.

IMO it is all about fit. Clothes that are too small look terrible on any body type. Clothes that are too big and just hang, tend to be less than flattering on any body type as well.

As a person with an ample bottom, I will never understand why some emphasize it. I've always tried to minimize it. Different strokes.

You and I have the same body type lulu. Agree that a tunic-type top worn with straight-leg pants is a classic silhouette that suits most body types.

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'9"" and love tunics. They have to be cut the right away and they have to be the right length.

I don't wear leggings. I wear straight leg pants.

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 lulu2 said:

EDIT: I read too fast, I thought you said ample bosom and I responded to that {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I apologize, my fault.

But I was saying I never accentuate my top, no tight fitting tops or cut.

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 brii said:

I'm 5'9" and love tunics. They have to be cut the right away and they have to be the right length.

I don't wear leggings. I wear straight leg pants.

Me, too. I think they look best on me and a lot of other people.

Honored Contributor

Re: straight leg pants...

I've often noticed that many of the Q crop pants bell out at the bottom. I think that looks odd when they end halfway up the calf for most people, but that could be just me.

I know other short people that buy Q crop pants as regular length pants for themselves, but most have that odd cut.