Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

Sadly, women's clothing is designed for a model's body not a real woman's body. Then they go on TV and in magazines and women are gullible and buy , even though they look horrid in it. Whatever, it will pass like all fads. Personally , I like wearing tunics with regular straight leg jeans or capris.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,517
Registered: ‎09-18-2014

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

On 12/27/2014 NoelSeven said:

Re: straight leg pants...

I've often noticed that many of the Q crop pants bell out at the bottom. I think that looks odd when they end halfway up the calf for most people, but that could be just me.

I know other short people that buy Q crop pants as regular length pants for themselves, but most have that odd cut.

You're right, noel.

that slight flare on crop pants is not attractive. It makes what could be a polished pair of capris look frumpy.

Too loose pants worn with a tunic also look messy and frumpy to me.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,814
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

On 12/27/2014 happy housewife said:

Sadly, women's clothing is designed for a model's body not a real woman's body. Then they go on TV and in magazines and women are gullible and buy , even though they look horrid in it. Whatever, it will pass like all fads. Personally , I like wearing tunics with regular straight leg jeans or capris.


LOL, here we go again with the "real women" comment. Models are real women too as well as other tall, slim people like me.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

On 12/27/2014 mstyrion 1 said:
On 12/27/2014 NoelSeven said:

Re: straight leg pants...

I've often noticed that many of the Q crop pants bell out at the bottom. I think that looks odd when they end halfway up the calf for most people, but that could be just me.

I know other short people that buy Q crop pants as regular length pants for themselves, but most have that odd cut.

You're right, noel.

that slight flare on crop pants is not attractive. It makes what could be a polished pair of capris look frumpy.

Too loose pants worn with a tunic also look messy and frumpy to me.

I wonder why they do that? I've never seen those bell crop pants anywhere else except Q. I agree with you about wide pants with a tunic.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,704
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

The title of the OP says it all, skin tight pants?????? Tunic or not, nobody looks good in skin tight pants.

nobody.

Slim cut jeans (which is what I call skinny jeans) or straight leg pants - yes - but skintight is not a good look in either tunics or pants

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,563
Registered: ‎10-05-2010

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

On 12/27/2014 MarthaStewardess said:
On 12/27/2014 happy housewife said:

Sadly, women's clothing is designed for a model's body not a real woman's body. Then they go on TV and in magazines and women are gullible and buy , even though they look horrid in it. Whatever, it will pass like all fads. Personally , I like wearing tunics with regular straight leg jeans or capris.


LOL, here we go again with the "real women" comment. Models are real women too as well as other tall, slim people like me.

Yep. And I bet you don't look horrid in your clothes lol
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,839
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

I like tunics, but what I don't like is leggings, jeggins, skin tight whatever! I think only people who are very thin should wear leggings with a tunic.

I personally wish bell bottoms/wide leg pants were back and that they would stay back forever! (Probably many will disagree).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

On 12/27/2014 minkbunny said:

The title of the OP says it all, skin tight pants?????? Tunic or not, nobody looks good in skin tight pants.

nobody.

Slim cut jeans (which is what I call skinny jeans) or straight leg pants - yes - but skintight is not a good look in either tunics or pants

Well, Gwyneth Paltrow looks pretty good in the pic above, but we can't all look like her.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

On 12/27/2014 Shorty2U said:

I like tunics, but what I don't like is leggings, jeggins, skin tight whatever! I think only people who are very thin should wear leggings with a tunic.

I personally wish bell bottoms/wide leg pants were back and that they would stay back forever! (Probably many will disagree).

I think they're fine for young women, but there are things I won't wear because it feels like I'm dressing wrong for my age. That includes skin tight pants. I realize a lot of people would disagree, and quite possibly rightly so.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,704
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

Noel, I am sure my jeans are as tight as Gwyneth's yet somehow we don't look exactly the same Wink

Here is the skin tight look NOBODY should wear