Honored Contributor

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

On 12/27/2014 raven-blackbird said:
On 12/27/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/27/2014 insomniac said:

It's not a look that suits most women.

I think you're probably right, but I see it as being about choice.

They're presenting pretty much all the same look, and for those of us who either don't like it or would like tops that aren't down to our knees, there isn't much of a choice.

then you're buying the wrong size..........none of mine go to my knees, no where even close..........................................raven

No, I'm not buying the wrong size, it's about length, not size. Length of the top compared to the length of the person.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Pepper Minstix said:

That look is designed for people with an "apple" shape or middle age spread. If you have skinny legs and a thick mid-section, you get to flaunt your thin legs with tight pants and hide your belly at the same time.

I see {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

I don't wear tunics at all, I love waist length tops and jackets. Does no good to exercise if I have to hide my hard work under a tunic.

Skinny jeans I can do but not skinny leggings. They look like I am wearing tights or pantyhose {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 NoelSeven said:

That look is designed for people with an "apple" shape or middle age spread. If you have skinny legs and a thick mid-section, you get to flaunt your thin legs with tight pants and hide your belly at the same time.

I see {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

That's me! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 minkbunny said:

I don't wear tunics at all, I love waist length tops and jackets. Does no good to exercise if I have to hide my hard work under a tunic.

Skinny jeans I can do but not skinny leggings. They look like I am wearing tights or pantyhose {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

That's it! You said it much better than I did, Minky!

A couple of weeks ago we were in Target, having coffee at their Starbucks, and in came a mother with a baby in a stroller. She looked like a model, I kid you not, beautiful, flowing hair, TALL, and a great figure. Well dressed, but it looked like she was wearing pantyhose. They were almost sheer. I did wonder if they were pantyhose and she forgot to put something on over them.

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of leggings and tops with princess seams. The illusion of slimmer.

Respected Contributor

actually............if you have an apple shape, it will only accentuate it, and that's not a good look.......looks better on someone with a narrow frame......since tunic tops generally are sweaters, you've added more bulk where you are attempting to lead the eye away from, nope, tunic and leggings aren't for people with an apple body shape..............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 qbetzforreal said:

Lots of leggings and tops with princess seams. The illusion of slimmer.

They really went all out for princess seams a couple of years ago, not much of a choice then, either.

Respected Contributor

On 12/27/2014 raven-blackbird said:

I for one, am happy about it............I love leggings or skin tights with a tunic top..........add a pair of boots and it's a really nice look.............................................raven

I'm happy about it too. I'm tall and slim, so that's what I prefer. Actually, though, what I see on QVC are a lot of short or crop tops, jackets and cardigans. More of them than longer ones.

Respected Contributor

I am one of those people for whom tunics and leggings are extremely flattering. I have long, thin legs and no hips. Finding regular pants is difficult for me because the hips are always huge and baggy on me.

I am fit and not "heavy in the middle". I just happen to be built straight up and down instead of curvy. I am also short in the torso, so waist length things look silly on me.

If you buy leggings that look like pantyhose, you're buying the wrong leggings.

This season, the look appears to be tunics, skinny bottoms and boots. It works for me, but I'm sure not for everyone. One thing is certain, fashion will spin around to embrace the curvy look again. Hang in there, Noel!

~Enough is enough~