Honored Contributor

Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

It seems so to me. Looking through all the tops the Q has to offer recently, and most of them are tunics which look pretty silly on those of us who are not tall. I know, I tried a couple. Even their "petite" tunics aren't flattering for some of us.

And what's with the majority of pants now being skin tight? Even their pajamas {#emotions_dlg.scared}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Re: Too Many Tunics & Skin Tight Pants?

I for one, am happy about it............I love leggings or skin tights with a tunic top..........add a pair of boots and it's a really nice look.............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

It's not a look that suits most women.

Honored Contributor

I've always preferred tunics since I have no rear. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I actually bought leggings this year, too. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} They are comfy until I take them off. Then I have to pull the devil out of them to get them over my feet. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 insomniac said:

I think you're probably right, but I see it as being about choice.

They're presenting pretty much all the same look, and for those of us who either don't like it or would like tops that aren't down to our knees, there isn't much of a choice.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Noel Smile

It's just what the Q is offering for now. Other places have other clothing that may suit you.

By the way, I think your threads and responses get the most happy faces! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Preds said:

I've always preferred tunics since I have no rear. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I actually bought leggings this year, too. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} They are comfy until I take them off. Then I have to pull the devil out of them to get them over my feet. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I don't really have a rear, either, LOL. But, honest to God, they come almost down to my knees in most cases. I could wear many of them as a dress!

I don't like the feel of leggings, it's like having an outer skin. I bought two of the fancy pajamas (CH) and they were fitted. Thank goodness they stretched some, because I could not get used to that feel.

Respected Contributor

On 12/27/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 12/27/2014 insomniac said:

I think you're probably right, but I see it as being about choice.

They're presenting pretty much all the same look, and for those of us who either don't like it or would like tops that aren't down to our knees, there isn't much of a choice.

then you're buying the wrong size..........none of mine go to my knees, no where even close..........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Love Roses said:

Hi Noel Smile

It's just what the Q is offering for now. Other places have other clothing that may suit you.

By the way, I think your threads and responses get the most happy faces! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

LR! I always smile when I see you {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yes, they're on a run with both, and I can find things elsewhere, but the Q is just so convenient, and they do offer petite pants, which are hard to find.

Super Contributor

That look is designed for people with an "apple" shape or middle age spread. If you have skinny legs and a thick mid-section, you get to flaunt your thin legs with tight pants and hide your belly at the same time.