Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm disheartened to read that fellow posters, after being unceremoniously dumped, are not only willing to return, but are grateful to be taken back.

Some of our most caring fellow posters gave their time and expertise to provide us with a forum that is not overly monitored, restrictive, and arbitrary. 

I have not seen any posts disparaging the new forum. There have been some legit concerns, but I think all or most agree it is a valiant effort. Many are happy there with no regrets.

Why should any of us who are thankful that this forum is staying open (at least for now) be treated like some kind of traitor? Last I heard, the new forum was welcoming all. Is there an unwritten requirement over there to lambaste the Q? I hope not.

Honored Contributor

To me this feels like an adulterous spouse wants us back now that we have a new boyfriend 😏😜

Has Katrina been unbanned??

Honored Contributor

I plan on using both boards.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

To me this feels like an adulterous spouse wants us back now that we have a new boyfriend 😏😜

AFTER breaking up with us by text.

Honored Contributor

@tansy I'd imagine anyone banned for violating policies won't be reinstated. I myself don't know if we lost posters because of the board closing fiasco.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@tansy  Who is that? Do you mean Kachina 626? Hard to imagine her existing without this board.

Honored Contributor

I really wouldn't count on the boards staying open.  IF they are, it's not out of the goodness of their hearts. I'm not convinced the announcement means what people think it means. 

Super Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@tansy , I don't know who Katrina is but the first paragraph made me literally Laugh Out Loud!

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Frequent Contributor

and I agree with you!  I come to the forums to see info on products, get ideas for decorating and enjoy the comments here during big events like CIJ and Rose of Tralee.  There are other places, probably including the proboard forum just set-up, that people can go have their debates and discussions.

Frequent Contributor

Well, I don't know if @occasionalrain is a developer on the other board, or just a member, but honestly, it's that type of mindset that makes me very wary of new boards and why I hesitated to join there. 

Now, honestly, if this forum ultimately goes down, I will just have one less place to find product info.