Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Sushismom   I don't think TPTB would have the mods make the announcement.   It may not be the choice of the mods not to post about the closing.

Some customers do not participate here so a banner announcement on the home page made more sense although I would not have seen it since I bookmark right to the Community when I log in.

I think the Mods have been very quiet lately anyway; you could see some posters giving a little nudge to bypass Standards and nothing was poofed.

@Cakers3 

the mods are more active and vocal on the QVC FB forums. i had a short chat on a thread today with two about a particular brand. its not that they are off of QVC, but their duties are now for more than one area of their social media presence.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

But does anybody really think they listened?  This is a large corporation and decisions don't just go away at the drop of a hat.

But the thought of losing a whole lot of sales at the biggest time of the year would make a huge difference for annual sales.

Reading the verbage for this is rather cryptic, as others have mentioned, so I don't really think they are saying what some seem to think they are saying.

@chickenbutt I agree.  I'm not sure QVC is saying what people think they are saying.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

To each their own. It's okay with me if people love it here and want to show a lot of appreciation for what they think QVC has done for them.

I don't think it's very nice to mock them. They are going to be all the more devastated if and when this forum closes in spite of their gratitude. I hope everyone will welcome them then.

@PorcelainWhat in the world are you talking about? This is a discussion board period. I doubt anyone is that full of gratitude, but rather pleased it is staying open.

@manny2 I'm talking about mocking the people who said they made a purchase in honor of QVC changing their decision to remove the forum. I don't think that's kind.

I'm not mocking you for being pleased. I'm pleased as well, just wary about QVCs intentions, and happy that I now have other (better?) options for communicating with many of the same people.

I wish I could see you over at the other forum too. You have important contributions to add to conversations and I think they would be welcome there. I would like to read them at least.

@PorcelainThank you for the kind words. Who knows I never say never,I might try it over there in the future. I think you are valuable to our conversations too. We can agree to disagree thats ok.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain I view it as QVC made a big mistake and corrected it. For that, I am thankful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

Oh my gosh, so many complaints about the boards shutting down and now complaints about them staying open, complaints about the way posters are responding, complaints about who, what, where, when and why.

@Citrine1   Yep.

@Cakers3  @Citrine1 

As stated OFTEN by some, voicing a differing opinion is NOT arguing, nor is it complaining.

IMO we posters were treated very shabbily, not as the valuable members we’ve suddenly become.

You make a valid point @Drythe .  I guess it comes across as complaining to me because I'm not as vested in this as many.  I've had little to say the last few days, just been reading a lot and I am getting the feeling that you just can't satisfy some people.  You know, you're da**** if you do, da**** if you don't.  

I've always respected your opinion.  

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

Oh my gosh, so many complaints about the boards shutting down and now complaints about them staying open, complaints about the way posters are responding, complaints about who, what, where, when and why.

@Citrine1   Yep.

@Cakers3  @Citrine1 

As stated OFTEN by some, voicing a differing opinion is NOT arguing, nor is it complaining.

IMO we posters were treated very shabbily, not as the valuable members we’ve suddenly become.

@Drythe   It isn't about differing opinions; it is about denigrating those posters who do have differering opinions.

Some are a bit heavy-handed in their posts picking at those who bought something to celebrate the change, or picking at those who came "crawling back", etc.

As I said (on one of these threads) I didn't like to see a shut-down either.

I just do not take it personally.  

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Citrine1   Yep.

@Cakers3  @Citrine1 

You make a valid point @Drythe .  I guess it comes across as complaining to me because I'm not as vested in this as many.  I've had little to say the last few days, just been reading a lot and I am getting the feeling that you just can't satisfy some people.  You know, you're da**** if you do, da**** if you don't.  

I've always respected your opinion.  

@Citrine1 

Same goes, handshake🤝

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 

Regardless of who's decision it was, it's still a shame the mods weren't allowed or chose not to post on these forums instead of annoucing the closure as it was done.

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@Cakers3 

Regardless of who's decision it was, it's still a shame the mods weren't allowed or chose not to post on these forums instead of annoucing the closure as it was done.

I would not have known that they were closing the board if it weren't posted here by posters, because I have never seen that header on my screen.  I've only seen it since some have posted it within threads.

Honored Contributor

Re: Too Little Too Late

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Citrine1   Yep.

@Cakers3  @Citrine1 

@Drythe   It isn't about differing opinions; it is about denigrating those posters who do have differering opinions.

Some are a bit heavy-handed in their posts picking at those who bought something to celebrate the change, or picking at those who came "crawling back", etc.

As I said (on one of these threads) I didn't like to see a shut-down either.

I just do not take it personally.  

@Cakers3 

Nor do I.

But, I am struck by the backhanded, clumsiness of it’s handling.

IMO, My comment is valid.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras