Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

@manny2 

Guess you missed those buying products to thank QVC. Oh, well.

Actually, I think the folks on this forum over inflate how much people on this board spend. Look through any number of threads. Multiple people say they spend very little if any money at QVC. 

@MG Chris 

There are also some really big buyers on this board I know of a few...and some personally.

While I don't know a single person who posts here personally, that I know of anyway, I do see some posting continually about packages arriving almost daily from QVC. IMO, they have a serious shopping addiction but that is not mine to decide. But to the point made here, yes, I do think that is QVC's only consideration, especially here at the holidays. Most businesses are either made or broke by the holiday business. The fact they didn't consider that fact before kicking the forum users to the curb, well, that's a serious oversight and makes me wonder how they are managing the other parts of their business. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@KatieB 

All  of us who were told by a statement that the forums were closing on 11/2 instead of a mod actually POSTING the info on these forums: 

QVC.png

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@MG Chris 

I didn't mention anything about how much the posters buy. I mentioned those who bought to thank QVC for keeping this forum open.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Purchase-made-to-celebrate-Boards/m-p/7172213#M1798428

And how sad is that!

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Oh my gosh, so many complaints about the boards shutting down and now complaints about them staying open, complaints about the way posters are responding, complaints about who, what, where, when and why.

@Citrine1   Yep.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

Why the drama @occasionalrain posters asked to keep it open and they listened. Now everyone has a choice they can go to the new board, or stay here. or both.

My only suggestion is to allow us to have debates, and conversations without poofing. As long as there is no cursing, threats, or bullying let us have the conversation. Stop with the censorship.

@manny2   I agree with your first paragraph.  But I disagree with your second one.   People are not nice all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I think it was simple in that Q's TPTB thought Facebook would be a BIG draw and they had a surprise.... it isnt popular with many of our  posters and others. Another surprise was that  Pro-boards and its rapid development. It  was promoted  discussed  as and an  Alternative that wasn't expected! Try as they may to prevent information on joining Proboards from becoming known by deleting and banning posts and posters the word spread and dispersed  quickly.

I am going to wait and see as I hope Posters aren't divided to the point of walking away from it all. Some already are done period with Q`s forums. Some will do both and some only one, Q or Proboards. There is alot of mistrust and apprehension at least speaking for myself. Confusing,to say the least.

@Gorgf   I agree about the FB page.  I am not on FB and would not join just to read the Q page.  

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's not that posters will again participate on the Q forums, for as long as they remain, it's the attitude of some, the fawning, the gratitude toward a company that disrespected those of us who used the forums. Just as shameful is the attitude toward the new forum made just for us, the rude wanting to return a now unwanted gift.

@occasionalrain   So this forum we are on right now is considered a 'new forum'????  Looks and acts the same to me.

Valued Contributor

I have signed up at ProBoards and am grateful to the ladies who have worked so hard to get that place set up for us in a very short amount of time.

So today, it seems it might be that QVC has allowed the boards to continue.  Maybe.  I don't think the new message is really clear enough. 

I have no intention of deleting my membership at ProBoards and will probably continue reading and posting on both.

Respected Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@KatieB 

All  of us who were told by a statement that the forums were closing on 11/2 instead of a mod actually POSTING the info on these forums: 

QVC.png

And you're griping about that???  Wow!

Honored Contributor

To each their own. It's okay with me if people love it here and want to show a lot of appreciation for what they think QVC has done for them.

I don't think it's very nice to mock them. They are going to be all the more devastated if and when this forum closes in spite of their gratitude. I hope everyone will welcome them then.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr