Respected Contributor

@manny2 

Guess you missed those buying products to thank QVC. Oh, well.

Super Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

But does anybody really think they listened?  This is a large corporation and decisions don't just go away at the drop of a hat.

But the thought of losing a whole lot of sales at the biggest time of the year would make a huge difference for annual sales.

Reading the verbage for this is rather cryptic, as others have mentioned, so I don't really think they are saying what some seem to think they are saying.

@chickenbutt 

Not to mention, not one Mod has come on to clarify. Many have asked for clarification yet the silence is deafening.

Honored Contributor

It's not that posters will again participate on the Q forums, for as long as they remain, it's the attitude of some, the fawning, the gratitude toward a company that disrespected those of us who used the forums. Just as shameful is the attitude toward the new forum made just for us, the rude wanting to return a now unwanted gift.

Trusted Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@manny2 

Actually, I think the folks on this forum over inflate how much people on this board spend. Look through any number of threads. Multiple people say they spend very little if any money at QVC. 

Honored Contributor

I agree, those people that started proboard ,worked hard ,for us posters here on this forum,now some are deleting their joining. I think that is  wrong.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

@manny2 

Actually, I think the folks on this forum over inflate how much people on this board spend. Look through any number of threads. Multiple people say they spend very little if any money at QVC. 

@MG Chris 

There are also some really big buyers on this board I know of a few...and some personally.

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris 

I didn't mention anything about how much the posters buy. I mentioned those who bought to thank QVC for keeping this forum open.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Purchase-made-to-celebrate-Boards/m-p/7172213#M1798428

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Oh my gosh, so many complaints about the boards shutting down and now complaints about them staying open, complaints about the way posters are responding, complaints about who, what, where, when and why.

It's really unbelievable @Citrine1 everyone has choice they stay or they go. As for all of the threatening to ban QVC, and purchasing from them remember we are all anonymous on this board to each other, but QVC will see who puts their money where their mouth is or not. We are not anonymous to them.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm disheartened to read that fellow posters, after being unceremoniously dumped, are not only willing to return, but are grateful to be taken back.

Some of our most caring fellow posters gave their time and expertise to provide us with a forum that is not overly monitored, restrictive, and arbitrary. 

@occasionalrain   Who was 'dumped'???  And when.  I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. 

It was and is QVC who provides and provided the Forum to begin with. I'm pretty sure it was not any of the posters on this forum that put up this Community Forum on QVC dot com.

Respected Contributor

I think it was simple in that Q's TPTB thought Facebook would be a BIG draw and they had a surprise.... it isnt popular with many of our  posters and others. Another surprise was that  Pro-boards and its rapid development. It  was promoted  discussed  as and an  Alternative that wasn't expected! Try as they may to prevent information on joining Proboards from becoming known by deleting and banning posts and posters the word spread and dispersed  quickly.

I am going to wait and see as I hope Posters aren't divided to the point of walking away from it all. Some already are done period with Q`s forums. Some will do both and some only one, Q or Proboards. There is alot of mistrust and apprehension at least speaking for myself. Confusing,to say the least.