Regular Contributor

Wow, so far, so great. First two musical numbers were fantastic.

"After Midnight"

"Les Miserable"

Super Contributor

YES!! Watching w DH.Great show so far (:

Esteemed Contributor

Great show so far. Love the Aladdian number.

I love Hugh Jackman. He is such a great host.

Esteemed Contributor

I've always loved the Tony's! I'm especially excited to watch this year - I was lucky to be able to travel to NYC this year and saw some of the nominees.

Lucky I don't live near NYC - all of my money would go to the theaters!

Regular Contributor
On 6/8/2014 BeckiWV said:

Great show so far. Love the Aladdian number.

I love Hugh Jackman. He is such a great host.

Very nice, who is the actor playing the Genie, his was super. I'm glad the producers din't make him emulate Robbin Williams (as if anyone could).{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I love the Tonys.

I went to the Tony Awards quite a while ago, several years in a row. I was then friends with an entertainment reporter who invited me. We watched the great show on monitors (weren't in the theatre).

But then, all the winners filed into the area and I met quite a few. This was total fun, and the parties afterwards (for the entertainment reporters). Broadway people are just wonderful, so creative and friendly.

Esteemed Contributor

I am glad the Genie from Aladdin won. He is wonderful.

Nice dress Maggie G. has on.

Regular Contributor
On 6/8/2014 BeckiWV said:

I am glad the Genie from Aladdin won. He is wonderful.

Nice dress Maggie G. has on.

Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorite theater experiences ever was seeing ""Cabaret"" many years ago. Touring show with - believe it or not - Teri Hatcher. The theater pulled up the 1st few row seats and put in little tables; we sat right next to the stage and the performers got right in your face. Much prefer the musical to the movie - one of my favorites.

Alan Cummings wasn't eligible to be nominated as he was already nominated (and won) for the same role.

YIPPEE - I really wanted Sophie Okonedo to win!! ""Raisin in the Sun"" was one of the shows we saw and she was fantastic! I paid more attention to her than Denzel!!

Esteemed Contributor

OK - now I'm bragging - but I also saw Audra McDonald in ""Lady Day"". Unbelievable performance. The only thing wrong with it was that I didn't get to hear Audra sing. I only heard Billy Holiday. Highly recommended!

Historic win.