Respected Contributor

Toni is wearing her Christmas dress and is looking forward to celebrating the holiday with her family.

Her cousins from Quebec, Colette and Michelle will be spending the holidays with Toni and her family.

The girls are wishing for new ice skates, so they can all go skating on the pond near Toni's house.

Toni is wishing everyone a Merry Christmas

and a Happy New Year.

IMGP0963.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff.  Toni looks beautiful and so does her dress.  I love the gold metallic accents with the plaid.

I bet Toni has quite an accumulation of Christmas dresses from previous years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff,

I love the pretty details on the end of her sleeves. Thank you for showing her!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Toni looks very pretty from head to toe.

Great work, @Enufstuff !

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Thank you very much. I forgot to mention that her dress is taffeta with a gold metallic thread running through it.

It is trimmed with gold metallic ric rac and vintage gold metallic ribbon waist band.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff I love these. As a kid I always longed for a dress like this. My mom gave me a Toni for a birthday and it had the trunk with some hangars and another outfit. I saved all my allowance for new outfits. Wish I'd been able to save them. Sigh.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Actually, there is only one Christmas dress. This is the same picture that I posted last year.

I recently bought some vintage red organdy fabric and trims , so I could replicate the Christmas dress that I wore when I was 12 years old.

It took a month to get the pattern to make it and by then I was too busy getting everything ready for my Family Christmas.

Maybe I'll get it done for next year.

Last week I received some silk fabric from China. It is brown with small pink polka dots. I got lace from France

and I'm searching for sheer pink fabric, so I can re-create a dress that I wore when I was 5-6 years old.

The full skirt was taffeta with small polka dots and the top and puffed sleeves were sheer fabric and trimmed with white lace. I can't find any polka dot taffeta, vintage or new. Silk will have to do.

I do try to find vintage materials to re-create the 1950's dresses.

Respected Contributor

Toni is perfectly dressed for Christmas.

Taffeta is such a beautiful fabric and I love the trimming and gold belt.

Respected Contributor

Re: Toni's Christmas Dress

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids   What color hair did your Toni doll have?

It must have been nice to have extra outfits for her.

I had two Toni dolls and they only had the dresses that they came

dressed in. One was platinum blonde and the other one I called a

"lemon blonde".

The next year I got Ginny and that is the doll I played with for years. She had a lot of outfits.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff.  How do you remember what you wore in the 1950s?  I can't remember what I wore yesterday.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment