Respected Contributor

Toni Girls - 4th of July

[ Edited ]

IMGP0629.JPGIMG_2220.JPGIMGP0621.JPG

The Toni girls are dressed in their red, white and blue, all ready to celebrate Independence Day. Tonight they will go to see the fireworks.

They will be going to the neighborhood parade and festivities in the morning and then to a barbecue in the afternoon with family.

They wish everyone a Happy 4th of July!

The sailor dress is a re- creation of my sailor dress that I wore when I was five years old.

I hand embroidered the little anchor on the front of the dress and the blue stars on the back of the collar.

The dress on the little brunette was not made by me. This is the dress she was wearing, when

I found her. It is perfect for 4th of July.

Respected Contributor

Re: Toni Girls - 4th of July

The Toni girls are beautifully dressed in your amazing creations. The pristine white shoes are precious.

They are bright eyed and ready for the festivities.

@Enufstuff thank you for all of these lovely pictures. Wishing you and all a happy and safe 4th! 

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff I love the Toni girls!  Such cute dresses!  I'm particularly fond of the little sailor dress...its' so cute and I love the craftsmanship!

Where I live now there are celebrations of course but when we lived in NJ it was so much fun!  

The kids were little and first thing in the morning the local fire department would give the neighborhood children rides on the firetruck.  They loved that (so did my DH who would accompany them).

Then it was time to walk to the other end of the street for the local parade.  It would last about 20 minutes with local political groups, scouts, little league, cheerleaders, etc....all the while throwing candy at the kids lined up to watch. The parade would end with several fire trucks blaring their horns.

Then it was time to go home for a cook out.  Afterwards everyone took naps (my kids & their cousins) except the grandmas (my parents & DH's mom would come over) who would help clean up to be ready for the fireworks where we walked two blacks down to the local park.

Such fond memories!  My DD had a cute little red, white & blue sailor dress like Toni!

Honored Contributor

Happy Fourth!!!

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff  You've done it again. The Tonis are amazing! That sailor dress couldn't be cuter or more perfect. And the brunette's dress screams 4th of July. They'll be the best dressed girls at the festivities.

Wishing you and the Tonis a wonderful holiday!

Respected Contributor

@DSD2   Thank you very much. Happy 4th of July!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9   Thank you so much.

July 4th was always such fun. It was a big deal,

when I was young, to stay up late to see the fireworks.

There were always activities, parades, games, hot dogs and ice cream at the playgrounds.

When my girls were little , they had pony rides for the children too. We always had a family cook out and took them to the fireworks, at the beach.

Now, my youngest daughter and her husband have been organizing the neighborhood celebration, at the park.

They have food, drinks and ice cream. They have a

petting zoo, pony rides, face painting and other games and activities. So many people contibute to this event to make it successful.

Tonight, the city has fireworks at the beach.

Your daughter must have been very cute in her sailor dress. That style was very popular for many years. I liked wearing my sailor dress.

My three daughters were close in age and many times, I dressed them alike. One year, I bought them all sailor

dresses and I made a little one piece sailor outfit for my son, who was two years old. It had short pants and that was when I learned how to make the sailor collar, like the one on Toni's dress.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff  Absolutely fabulous 4th of July outfit for Toni! I love, love, love it Smiley Very Happy! Beautiful big blonde curls on Toni, and I just love her red bow in her hair and her little hand holding the American flag! Heart  Absolutely charming navy blue dress with perfectly aligned little brown buttons and little flared sleeves.  The collar- wow, oh wow that collar! I love the big red bow, perfect little embroidered anchor flanked by perfect white and red stripes.  The back of the collar is such a crisp white with perfectly sewn red bow border lines and those tiny little blue embroidered stars.  Spectacular!! Thank you for making the 4th of July extra special with another beautiful Toni creation- and I love her brunette gal pal's frilly red stripe outfit outfit and pretty hair. Excellent work and Happy 4th of July to you! Smiley Very HappyHeart 

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07    Happy 4th of July to you my dear!

Again, Thank you for noticing all the little

details. The tiny buttons on the sailor dress,

are actually metallic gold color.

The picture of the doll holding the flag should have been the first picture, but I pressed a wrong button. Then when I added the others, they came out in the wrong order.

Oh well, all three pictures are there, but oddly, the picture of the back of the dress is in first place.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff  Happy 4th of July, my dear Donna! Thank you for your kind words, and it really is such a treat to view your work.  I didn't even notice the order of the photos in how you submitted them, because each one is such a wonderful experience to look at! I zoomed in on the buttons and you're right! They're lovely little gold buttons Smiley Very HappyHeart.  Such wonderful photos of your Toni creations.  Are you doing anything fun for the 4th of July today? Smiley Happy