Respected Contributor

Re: Toni Brattin & Her Hair Coming to QVC

@chessylady wrote:

She gets on my last nerve and I got enough of wigs in the 70s so I won't be watching.

Cheese-Lady

Wow!  What a nice statement.  Thank you for your input.

Wigs were just not for the 70's.  Some people need to wear wigs/hairpieces and maybe cannot afford a custom made one out of human hair.  I am just so very glad to know how you feel, as I am sure everyone else does too.

I am also glad to know what you will be doing during the time this show airs.  That means so much to me.

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

She gets on my last nerve and I got enough of wigs in the 70s so I won't be watching.

Cheese-Lady

Wow!  What a nice statement.  Thank you for your input.

Wigs were just not for the 70's.  Some people need to wear wigs/hairpieces and maybe cannot afford a custom made one out of human hair.  I am just so very glad to know how you feel, as I am sure everyone else does too.

I am also glad to know what you will be doing during the time this show airs.  That means so much to me.

Deary me, how...adult of you.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

If I am not mistaken Toni was on QVC a number of years ago and that was when I saw her for the first time.  She has been on Evine for the last several years and now back to QVC.  Her wigs look okay, never bought one but they certainly are priced right and for those who cannot afford more high priced wigs I would say go for it.  Sometimes we have to do what we have to do in order to get through some tough times and if wearing a wig that won't break the bank than that is what we do.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Not sure when expressing my opinion became a source of angst for others. Have I encountered the forum monitor?

Honored Contributor

I love this topic.  Since my early thirties, I've had thin, flat hair due to a hereditary condition.  Wigs are a fantastic solution!

@bonnielu, here are a few ideas for you.  The Gabor line has a color called "Silvery Moon" which looks very pretty at least on a computer monitor.  Heather Hershey, the young wig "mogul" at Cysterwigs.com does detailed wig color reviews on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gLt1ag23A

Ary you an edgy, modern type?  "Blondielocks", a fantastic youtuber, reviews the color "Illumina R" on the popular shaggy bob "Reese" by Noriko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7yKoiMKGIU

"Illumina R" is a "rooted" color.  It is a true silver, not platinum, not gray, so is considered a "hipster" color which might be more flamboyant than you want.

Raquel Welch makes a pretty platinum-ish wig shade called "Glazed Vanilla".

Honored Contributor

Some Vendors are just so desperate and over kill... she just needs to go away.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

If I am not mistaken Toni was on QVC a number of years ago and that was when I saw her for the first time.  She has been on Evine for the last several years and now back to QVC.  Her wigs look okay, never bought one but they certainly are priced right and for those who cannot afford more high priced wigs I would say go for it.  Sometimes we have to do what we have to do in order to get through some tough times and if wearing a wig that won't break the bank than that is what we do.

@Lindsays Grandma, she was on HSN for years, then went to Evine and now to QVC.  I'm guessing her next stop will be Shop LC.

I had her clip in extensions and I had a "toni pony."  They looked much better in person then they did on air. I think the studio lights make the hair look way too shiney.  I personally never cared for the style of her full wigs.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Funny we were just talking about her the other day.She got married and she left HSN

I love her little Tony Pony hair pieces and have many,many of them. He  hairpieces look real on me and I love all of them.

I certainly will be buying some more. Her colors match my own perfectly  Smiley Happy

i am very happy she is comming here  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If she's the one who was on HSN, she had a lot of nice looking hair pieces.  I'm sure people who have lost their hair due to Chemo would probably appreciate that.

Respected Contributor

I'm watching it right now. A major improvement from her presentations at Evine seems to be that the wigs are no longer horribly shiny-synthetic.  Of course, they could have put special products on the wigs to dull the shine, but if this is how you receive them, they're not bad looking.