Honored Contributor

Toni Brattin Wig -UPDATE

[ Edited ]

My Toni Brattin wig was delivered today BUT to someone else. This happens a lot but I’m really upset this time. I’ve mentioned this before but I will again.

We live on Place which is a cul de sac and more times than not we get overlooked.

So unless whoever got the package brings it to me I will not get my wig. I will not have the Q send me a replacement and I will not order another one.

We are making a trip to the post office in the morning so I can “talk” to them.

This was delivered by USPS not UPS.

UPDATE - I went to the post office this morning. They are open from 10-1 today which is Saturday. 

I gave them the tracking number and according to the GPS tracking, my package was delivered to one street over. So I went to the house and my package was on their mailbox. I rang the doorbell and identified myself and took my package. I’m happy now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, dear! You certainly have my sympathies! I hope you are able to make a memorable impression, and have positive results following your "talk".

Honored Contributor

Oh, @OKPrincess, that is SO disappointing.  To look forward to receiving something, and then have it misdelivered!

Am so hoping your conversation with USPS will yield some better result.

The same thing happens to us.  The most recent instance happened with a package I had given up on.  Suddenly, an adorable neighbor from way down at the other end of our street showed up with my package. It was from QVC!

She had received my package, and as she told me, she is a "frequent customer" and just assumed it was hers.  She put it aside to open later (wow, she has much more restraint and self discipline than I have) and so only belatedly realized she had my package.  She had even written a sweet note of apology, feeling so bad that she had delayed my purchase "gratification"!  What a sweetheart.

Hoping a similar scenario happens to you pronto!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Thanks. I think I’m ready to let nature take its course and go gray. When the wigs were shown last week I thought this would be the perfect time. 

Yes, I was looking forward to it but oh well. I’ll look for something local. 

The mailman man told me one time that they have to scan a package when it’s delivered. Therefore, when they review their records they can tell where they were. 

Anyway tomorrow’s a new day. Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

I know my letter carrier scans packages as he is approaching the door, never before.

But I've heard of some scanning all of them as they're loaded onto their mall truck!

So they ALL look to be delivered before the carrier leaves the post office parking lot.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I know my letter carrier scans packages as he is approaching the door, never before.

But I've heard of some scanning all of them as they're loaded onto their mall truck!

So they ALL look to be delivered before the carrier leaves the post office parking lot.

It should be the same for all carriers.  According to the computer, the package was out for delivery at 7:45 am and delivered by post office at 14:57pm. Thanks for your input. 

Trusted Contributor

@OKPrincessis it possible to go into your qvc profile and put the name of your street in upper case?  The mail carrier would have to notice "PLACE".  The other suggestion is to develop a friendship with the person who lives at the wrong house. Maybe you can become good allies making sure each gets their correct mail and packages. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Idea @puttypiesmom.

I added SIDE DOOR to my QVC delivery address.

12345 N. Northy Place SIDE DOOR

Havent had a miss-delivers delivery since.

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@OKPrincessis it possible to go into your qvc profile and put the name of your street in upper case?  The mail carrier would have to notice "PLACE".  The other suggestion is to develop a friendship with the person who lives at the wrong house. Maybe you can become good allies making sure each gets their correct mail and packages. 

Thanks for the suggestion but the label is all caps. So that may not help. We have talked to the other house before and the package was there twice. The other times it wasn’t. Now they have packages delivered in a postal van which is separate from the mail truck. 

But everytime the Q made it right. 

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Good Idea @puttypiesmom.

I added SIDE DOOR to my QVC delivery address.

12345 N. Northy Place SIDE DOOR

Havent had a miss-delivers delivery since.

Thanks. I will see if it will let me add cul de sac since my street is not a through street.