Honored Contributor

ROFL

Honored Contributor

Re: Tom has his Jersey Back

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

Actually I believe it was reported prior to being stolen that he was going to auction off his shirt and donate the proceeds to cancer research (his mother has cancer now).     It is a great thing for a serious sports collecter and for cancer patients!   Everyone wins Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Yes I agree as my husband, and many others', are cancer survivors. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I prefer this kind of news over what we've been hearing lately.  And I'm not a Tom/Patriots fan.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I prefer this kind of news over what we've been hearing lately.  And I'm not a Tom/Patriots fan.

ITA.

Honored Contributor

It sure seemed to me from the clips I saw of the press conference in Texas that Texas took it very seriously. The man who spoke basically said don't mess with Texas, using other words. Highest profile American sports event and the guy was in Mexico. I highly doubt that any resources from terrorism or any other current important FBI issues were diverted by this.

I hope he can auction them for cancer or another cause. And I hope his mother is doing better.

He is also involved with the Best Buddies charity, raises money for them by doing a bike event every year and other events. Tom auctions off photos and time with participants for the charity.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This person many have more than just the two jersey's....

From article in NYT   There, the authorities confronted Ortega, who, they said, turned over not only Brady’s Super Bowl LI jersey, but another of his jerseys, from Super Bowl XLIX in Glendale, Ariz., as well as a helmet thought to belong to Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller, who was the most valuable player of Super Bowl 50 in 2016

Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

Actually I believe it was reported prior to being stolen that he was going to auction off his shirt and donate the proceeds to cancer research (his mother has cancer now).     It is a great thing for a serious sports collecter and for cancer patients!   Everyone wins Smiley Happy

Spoiler

It will be a nice ending if all this stealing of the jersey causes the value to rise for the auction and therefore for cancer research. 

I do hope he and G. will allow themselves to celebrate with a bacon cheeseburger and fries.  Glad they found it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

It will be a nice ending if all this stealing of the jersey causes the value to rise for the auction and therefore for cancer research. 

I do hope he and G. will allow themselves to celebrate with a bacon cheeseburger and fries.  Glad they found it.

Doubt very much he will eat meat, Very serious about his lifestyle. Google Tom, Fascinating. Prayers for his Mother.
Valued Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

absolutely amazes me with the amount of time and tax payer money was put into this incident is outrageous. We have programs in this country that are vital to many that will not be funded at the same level...but we trek out of the country with tons of tax dollars to track down a missing Jersey of a player that was involved in a scandel involving the inflation or deflation of a football..which could of led to his success. Personally I could care less about him or his jersey...I do care that resources that should be better utilized...were used in this case..like the FBI. seriously putting the FBI on the case of the missing Jersey..Sounds like something Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys did.

Clearly the value of the item makes it a felony and worth pursuing-so it is a big deal in that regard

Amazes me how many people that don't care about it come to post about it

If I cared that  little about a topic  I generally just skip the thread or maybe read it and move on but I guess the "funding" issue and dislike for Tom Brady had to be wrangled in there

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, I've been worried sick about this jersey. 

Yes.... I have not been able to sleep or eat since it came up missing....  Lost 30 pounds....... it  has been just awful!!!!