Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@CouponQueen wrote:

absolutely amazes me with the amount of time and tax payer money was put into this incident is outrageous. We have programs in this country that are vital to many that will not be funded at the same level...but we trek out of the country with tons of tax dollars to track down a missing Jersey of a player that was involved in a scandel involving the inflation or deflation of a football..which could of led to his success. Personally I could care less about him or his jersey...I do care that resources that should be better utilized...were used in this case..like the FBI. seriously putting the FBI on the case of the missing Jersey..Sounds like something Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys did.

@CouponQueen- no resources out of the norm were dedicated to the theft.  A valuable piece of property was stolen; that is a crime.  It was traced out of Country, thus the FBI is involved.  If someone took a piece of your valued jewelry and it was traced to Mexico, you would get the same response.  Dir Comey wasn't  involved (lol), there is a special unit.  Brady was not guilty of any "crime" and nothing was ever proven....people just hate Brady because he is just that d*amn good, a devoted dad and son plus was never in any trouble; I guess the wife batterers and rapists in the NFL are just fine with people....his performance in this year's game was never accomplished and he is one of the best  to ever play the game.  This Jersey has significance to a collector and is deemed by experts to be the most valuable collectable today.  Plus, it was significant to Brady himself who dedicated the Super Bowl to his mom, who is fighting cancer.  Brady does give a lot to charity, especially kids and maybe he wanted to give the jersey to his mom...but it is his to give...they didn't "put anyone on the case". That's how the FBI works...

I have a feeling if someone stole a piece of my jewelry and it went out of the country, no one else would care but me.  Is it true that the FBI would get involved?  It seems implausible.  But I've been wrong in my life...

@Kalli- if you report it and it's valuable and it goes to another Country, they will 

@Stray that's interesting.  We had a tenant steal furniture valued at over $2000 from us when he moved out.  Reported it to state police.  Did a little online research of social sites and found the guy moved to a neighboring state.  Told the state police the town he'd moved to.  NOTHING ever happened.

@Kalli- I don't know the point of value which might be the issue or police procedure in my area but my Dad had a valuable coin stolen years ago; it was valuable but also sentimental....it was traced to NY but I remember my Dad going to the post office to find the FBI contact info....no inet in those days....now databases are connected and it might be automatic? 

Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@CouponQueen wrote:

absolutely amazes me with the amount of time and tax payer money was put into this incident is outrageous. We have programs in this country that are vital to many that will not be funded at the same level...but we trek out of the country with tons of tax dollars to track down a missing Jersey of a player that was involved in a scandel involving the inflation or deflation of a football..which could of led to his success. Personally I could care less about him or his jersey...I do care that resources that should be better utilized...were used in this case..like the FBI. seriously putting the FBI on the case of the missing Jersey..Sounds like something Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys did.

@CouponQueen- no resources out of the norm were dedicated to the theft.  A valuable piece of property was stolen; that is a crime.  It was traced out of Country, thus the FBI is involved.  If someone took a piece of your valued jewelry and it was traced to Mexico, you would get the same response.  Dir Comey wasn't  involved (lol), there is a special unit.  Brady was not guilty of any "crime" and nothing was ever proven....people just hate Brady because he is just that d*amn good, a devoted dad and son plus was never in any trouble; I guess the wife batterers and rapists in the NFL are just fine with people....his performance in this year's game was never accomplished and he is one of the best  to ever play the game.  This Jersey has significance to a collector and is deemed by experts to be the most valuable collectable today.  Plus, it was significant to Brady himself who dedicated the Super Bowl to his mom, who is fighting cancer.  Brady does give a lot to charity, especially kids and maybe he wanted to give the jersey to his mom...but it is his to give...they didn't "put anyone on the case". That's how the FBI works...

I have a feeling if someone stole a piece of my jewelry and it went out of the country, no one else would care but me.  Is it true that the FBI would get involved?  It seems implausible.  But I've been wrong in my life...

@Kalli- if you report it and it's valuable and it goes to another Country, they will 

@Stray that's interesting.  We had a tenant steal furniture valued at over $2000 from us when he moved out.  Reported it to state police.  Did a little online research of social sites and found the guy moved to a neighboring state.  Told the state police the town he'd moved to.  NOTHING ever happened.

Title 18, United States Code, Sections 2314 and 2315
Interstate Transportation of Stolen Property (ITSP): Prohibit the transportation in interstate or foreign commerce of any goods of the value of $5,000 or more where the goods are known to have been stolen, converted or taken by fraud. These statutes also prohibit the receipt and sale of such known stolen goods.

Prosecutive guidelines are established by the United States Attorney in each federal judicial district.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

FOr those of you who care Tom Brady's Super Bowl jersey has been found and returned to him.  ACcording to authorities the jersey was located "on foreign soil" and law enforcement is actively investigating a credentialed journalist who works for a Mexican newspaper.  VIdeo shows him entering the locker room right after the game and exiting a few minutes later with something rolled up and tucked under his arm.  THe value of the shirt is estimated to be $500,000.

Half a million for a sweaty shirt? The world has gone mad!!!

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

Half a million for a sweaty shirt? The world has gone mad!!!

?  It's his property and will be if not already worth twice that amount.