Honored Contributor

Re: Tom Petty Has Passed Away

No brain activity and a DNR order from the family, his heart just hasn't stopped beating yet.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

.....waiting is the hardest part.... 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

Frequent Contributor

I wasn't ready for this news, but my favorite Tom Petty song is "Running down a dream".  Every time it comes on the radio, I sing along at full blast, even thought my singing will wake the dead and kill them all over again.

RIP Tom, you've earned your rest.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

oh no........I was just watching Don't Come Around Here NO MORE  (which I had one of "those" dreams about) on youtube.  Great musician and he will have a fan (me) forever.

Super Contributor

I remember when he first appeared on SNL and performed "Don't Do Me Like That".....it was one of those moments when you just know oh wow that guy has got IT.

Was a huge fan ever since.

Remember getting sent to the principal's office in 8th grade because me and a friend wouldn't stop singing "Refugee" during a softball game. We were having to play in the outfield, it was boring, no one was hitting the ball.....gym teacher did not approve.

I will miss him and his music so very much. I am very appreciative for the large catalogue he left behind. Just finished watching the video to "Handle Me With Care". I had forgotten how they show pictures of when each one of the band members were younger.

Rest in peace you talented man.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Brain activity tests have to be spaced over a specific period of time. This is so difficult for family members. Please remember hearing is the last sense to go. Talk to your loved ones.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I'm sad tonight...so many memories connected to his songs at a poignant time in my life.

My friend in college had a boyfriend who resembled Tom so much!   He had a special sound, a special talent.

RIP - thanks for the music and memories!

Respected Contributor

So sad about his passing.....my heart aches for his family.Today has been a very difficult day....I sit here with a heavy heart and hope and pray for better days...

Valued Contributor

So sad, loved him. Another STAR in the sky.