Honored Contributor

Can't stand him, don't trust or believe him.

Respected Contributor
I don't pay any attention to his personal life really, but I do love his movies. I can't help myself, I'm a Mission Impossible addict! Got to hand it to him on doing his stunts too.
Trusted Contributor

@surfk wrote:

Cruise, on a practical level, rather is the Church of Scientology.

I mean, he's, like the 2nd top "officer", probably its largest financial contributor and highest profile member. Without him, Scientology would be left with a cruise ship/penal colony of a boat on the sea, John Travola and his "co-pilots" flying planes to nowhere, a million unmarketable study tapes (Levels I-LXXX) in their warehouse and a fleet of attorneys on retainer with not much to $tick around for anymore.

They'd have nothing left other than to threaten to start selling portions of auditing tapes to the tabloids - which I think is the real reason they made them in the first place anyway.

(I never read The Star magazine. Do people actually read that for more than 10 seconds while standing in line at the supermarket??). Smiley LOL

I have a very strong opinion from over the years, that if you were to delete the members of Scientology that were not famous, just regular people like ourselves, you would only fiind a handful, if that many.

that church has always been fed by celebrities who bring other celebrities into it. I doubt it could stand without famous people. Who could afford to support it, if not for them ?

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:
I don't pay any attention to his personal life really, but I do love his movies. I can't help myself, I'm a Mission Impossible addict! Got to hand it to him on doing his stunts too.

I love his movies too, espeically the MI movies! I have no comment on his personal life.

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

I like to think that Tom loves his wife and child....and he is willing to change his life to have them back in his life.  I also like to think that he has a good heart and is trying.

What makes you think he wants to reconcile with Katie?    

I don't know if he has a good heart or a dark heart, but she is better off without that creep!

Trusted Contributor
He is just seems like you can't really trust him.
Honored Contributor

Suri might be  making her First Holy Communion. I don't know how old she is, or she could being confirmed. perhaps this changed his mind. Lots of people would do anything for their kids

Honored Contributor

If ... and this is a BIG IF ... he is thinking of leaving, it might be because his adult children have left as well as Suri.  Because of this, he may not be able to have contact with them based on "their" laws/beliefs.  Perhaps he misses what little real family he had.  Maybe he is afraid of all the exposure that is leaking out from everywhere.  Who knows?  Again, if he is, he'd better watch his back because they won't let him escape easilly.  They have been rumored to have killed before ... he may not be able to just walk away.  Good Luck to him if he can.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

According to a report citing Star magazine, Tom Cruise may be considering leaving the Church of Scientology, of which he has been the most visible devotee for many years. The actor’s alleged crisis of faith comes, apparently, after a phone call with his daughter Suri.

That's not a credible news source. 

Trusted Contributor

Time will tell.  It has been bandied about before, aroind two years ago, and it didn't happen. 

He's getting older and often, even late bloomers who take time to mature emotionally sometimes grow up and start making responsible decisions. 

I like his movies.