Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wonder if Walter Cronkite ever did anything we would consider sexual harrassment.  I guess none of his would-be's are still around to tell about it.

Valued Contributor

Rats   

I hope it isn't true.  I always liked Tom Brokaw.  For the last 4-5 years, he has been undergoing treatments for multiple myeloma.  

I have to read up about this.  

Now, I have to ask myself if there a man in this world I would completely trust?    Ummmmmmmm, no.

Respected Contributor

@Elri  wrote:

Now, I have to ask myself if there a man in this world I would completely trust?    Ummmmmmmm, no.

I trust Dan Wheeler. Hard to imagine Dan cheating on his late wife.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Speak up when it happens. To join the bandwagon twenty years later doesn't seem all that courageous to me. Be a hero and protect others from the damage right away.

@AuntG

ITA

These women should have spoken out when it occurred.  It's not that authentic when they speak out 20 years later.  

@winamac1

You are using a 2018 lens to look at how things were in the 70s, 80s, and 1990s.  MUCH different back then.   Sometimes women did speak up .... and were blamed for what happened ... and fired.   That's why so many just kept their mouth shut and suffered in silence,  often blaming themselves.

You can't compare how we all think today with attitudes of a different era.

Esteemed Contributor

These occurrences seem so prevalent in the tv and entertainment industry.  

Honored Contributor

Look what happened to Anita Hill. She spoke up and was run through the dirt.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

I tend to believe Linda Vester --- but many men would have behaved the same way. It's a man-thing. Sounds like Tom Brokaw didn't attack or sexually abuse her - but I assume she was fired. When people are away from their families and away from home, their behavior changes.

Esteemed Contributor

@fourpaws56

I'm sure little Georgie is guilty as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

The revered NBC News anchor accused of unwanted advances pens a strenuous denial and defense of his legacy. 

In an email sent to a handful of NBC News colleagues, Brokaw, 78, strenuously denies the detailed account of Linda Vester.

It is 4:00 am on the first day of my new life as an accused predator in the universe of American journalism. I was ambushed and then perp walked across the pages of The Washington Post and Variety as an avatar of male misogyny, taken to the guillotine and stripped of any honor and achievement I had earned in more than a half century of journalism and citizenship.

"I am angry, hurt and unmoored from what I thought would be the final passage of my life and career, a mix of written and broadcast journalism, philanthropy and participation in environmental and social causes that have always given extra meaning to my life," Brokaw wrote. 

"I am facing a long list of grievances from a former colleague who left NBC News angry that she had failed in her pursuit of stardom. She has unleashed a torrent of unsubstantiated criticism and attacks on me."

Brokaw's email is published in full ...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-brokaw-rips-sensational-accuser-claims-i-was-ambushed-per...