Esteemed Contributor

Tom Brokaw (74) has multiple meyloma

He is undergoing treatment and says Doctors are optimstic. I hope he recovers. I always thought he was a good reporter and anchor and he just seems like a all around good guy.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tom Brokaw (74) has multiple meyloma

What a shame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

He is an excellent news broadcaster. That is sad news.
Super Contributor

I don't think there is a cure for Multiple Myeloma, but they have made great strides in helping people live longer and better lives. My Mom passed away from it years ago....but she still had 4 relatively good years from the time she was diagnosed. It is a very slow moving cancer...and as I said, the treatments they have now have come lightyears from when my Mom had it.

I wish him many more good years ahead of him!

Super Contributor

On 2/11/2014 EmmaBunting said:

I don't think there is a cure for Multiple Myeloma, but they have made great strides in helping people live longer and better lives. My Mom passed away from it years ago....but she still had 4 relatively good years from the time she was diagnosed. It is a very slow moving cancer...and as I said, the treatments they have now have come lightyears from when my Mom had it.

Emma, I'm sorry about your Mom. I'm sure you hate to hear the words Multiple Myeloma.

I hope that Tom Brokaw will be able to have many quality years left. I've always liked him.

Super Contributor

On 2/11/2014 rondell said:

Emma, I'm sorry about your Mom. I'm sure you hate to hear the words Multiple Myeloma.

I hope that Tom Brokaw will be able to have many quality years left. I've always liked him.

Thank you rondell. {#emotions_dlg.wub}I will admit that it's hard to see that long-running thread on here every day. But.....at this point, when I think of my Mom, I only remember the love. And that's not such a bad thing to be reminded of every day. Smile

Super Contributor

Thank you rondell. {#emotions_dlg.wub}I will admit that it's hard to see that long-running thread on here every day. But.....at this point, when I think of my Mom, I only remember the love. And that's not such a bad thing to be reminded of every day. Smile

(((Emma))) I've seen that thread but have never bothered to read it, since it doesn't apply to me. You have the memory of your Mother's love to still see you through each day. Those are the best kind, IMO. Love you girlfriend! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

(((Emma))) I've seen that thread but have never bothered to read it, since it doesn't apply to me. You have the memory of your Mother's love to still see you through each day. Those are the best kind, IMO. Love you girlfriend! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

......you really are the sweetest poster on here! Love you too!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

Hi Emma, I lost my dad to MM also. I'm sorry about your mom.